PDA

View Full Version : Advice for drop down TV??

rmboies
12-09-2006, 08:21 PM
We are looking for a small, 10 inch or so, drop down flat screen tv for the kitchen. It will be mounted under a cabinet. Cable will not be available so the tv would need to have a built in antenna for reception. Any suggestions?

I remember that Fast Roger and Mickie had LCD drop down tv's throughout their coach so Roger, any advice for Santa Bob-00?:D Thanks in advance.....

rfoster
12-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Deb and BOB-00: Good to hear from yall ! I am limited info but here goes TVs that drop down are unfortunately limited to low voltage for the most part. The ones that installed in our bus are automotive and they are monitors only - We had to run coax on the rear one and wireless in the kitchen and wired on the passenger side. No channel changing - no speakers, used existing coach speakers. Still must have source of signal as in VCR, Cable, Ant, etc. We (I) searched long and hard and only found one brand designed for under cabinet kitchen home use and that is a Sony available at Sears. Two models one with DVD . Kind of pricey for 10" screen. Seems to me with some effort and creative thinking, a fella or lady could get a set up from the local auto audio custom ishop and hook up a low voltage transformer and get the job done . It has been a year ago when I was hot on the market, so you might have better luck now than I did then,

rmboies
12-10-2006, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=rfoster]Deb and BOB-00: Good to hear from yall ! I am limited info but here goes TVs that drop down are unfortunately limited to low voltage for the most part. The ones that installed in our bus are automotiveQUOTE]

Thanks for the info Roger--I think I may have found a Sony that will work--it has a built in antenna for local channels along with being cable ready. The problem I was having was finding an LCD drop down that wasn't just a monitor for cable or a dish. Hi Mickie!!!:D