PDA

View Full Version : Good Neighborhood?

MangoMike
12-09-2006, 05:40 PM
Well, I thought I lived in a good neighborhood.

Went outside Thursday morning to find my new Escalade ESV missing a couple of parts - only 3' from the garage.

Wasn't too upset until I found out that the headlight HID assemblies are $850 each, plus grill.

The damn dog, yes the one that knows where the dump switch on the dash is, never even barked.

I wonder if Lew drives a Caddy?

mm

garyde
12-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Hey Mango Mike. I just hate it when that happens. My Company Vehicles get broken into from time to time. Looks like these slime knew exactly what they wanted. I guess a video Camera might help in the future. Did your security alarm go off? Check out www.lojack.com ("www.lojack.com")Gary

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-09-2006, 07:46 PM
It's not the neighborhood! It's the people! :D :D

rfoster
12-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Mango: I hate that when it happens. I've got cameras and show the film to the cops and its a waste of time. The dead beats were buying up sudafed and making some kind of dope for a while. Thought maybe that would take a few of em out, but then they put the sudafed behind the counter. Now they are stealing Catalytic Converters. So far this week I down three at $180 a pop. They roll under the vehicle preferrably a four wheel drive (clearance for their fat lazy ass) and use a battery powered reciprocating saw and cut them out. Sell to the local scrap yard for 10 or 20 bucksl.

In the past they siphoned gas out of the tanks, every now and then you would hear that they used a cigarette lighter to see if they had a full can of gas! Those were the good old days.

Orren Zook
12-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Roger,

They make a exhaust pipe cutter with a chain of wheels similar to the one found on a copper tubing cutter that will cut through up to 5 inch tube pretty quick and it's only a little bigger than a pair of pliers. I think it's made by K-D Tools.

Orren Zook
12-09-2006, 10:42 PM
Well, I thought I lived in a good neighborhood.

Went outside Thursday morning to find my new Escalade ESV missing a couple of parts - only 3' from the garage.

Wasn't too upset until I found out that the headlight HID assemblies are $850 each, plus grill.

The damn dog, yes the one that knows where the dump switch on the dash is, never even barked.

I wonder if Lew drives a Caddy?

mm

It was probably too busy at your establishment to pick up those items, so the perps just followed you home to get what they needed. Looks very professional, little or no collateral damage.

Time for a motion sensor tied to the house alarm in the driveway!

jello_jeep
12-09-2006, 11:19 PM
Mango, flood the area with water at night, and hook an old model A coil to it... Heheheheh

MangoMike
12-10-2006, 07:51 AM
It was quite the surgical strike. Even the cops were in awe. The car was locked, so they cut the cable to the hood release. Don't know why the car alarm didn't go off, unless it's not tied into the hood - I'll have to ask Caddy about that. The light assemblies are just attached with a couple of pins, they pulled those, unhooked the connector for power and were probably gone in a couple of minutes.

So down to home depot for both lights and motion sensors got those hooked up. Am considering the camera action. I have a setup down at the restaurant (to keep an eye on Corona Kelly). So we'll see.

Orren, I always drive the Toaster to work as I don't want my customers figuring out why the Jerk Chicken cost so much when they see the Escalade.

I saving the electric coil for the dog ;)

mm

Orren Zook
12-10-2006, 08:07 AM
Mike,

Motion lights are OK, take a look at this page: www.dakotaalert.com their model 3000 will alert you if something bigger than a cat or dog is around your house and is pretty cheap too. Here's the rest of the story:

Dakota Alert Inc
P.O. Box 130
112 W. Main St
Elk Point, SD 57025-0130
605-356-2772

Jon Wehrenberg
12-10-2006, 08:10 AM
Just a crazy thought.....

Any reason why you don't put it in the garage?

Usually the garage is where people store junk while their megabuck cars sit outside.

MangoMike
12-10-2006, 08:11 AM
Jon,

Absolutely right. The one car garage, is filled w/ restaurant/bus goodies. Barely room for the lawnmower.

I need a hangar about back like you have.

mm

truk4u
12-10-2006, 09:15 AM
Sorry about your loss Mange, dirt bags. If all else fails, here's an option...:)

http://www.plig.net/things/pictures/tn/sniper.med.jpg

Jerry Winchester
12-10-2006, 04:25 PM
You know Jon, I wan't going to bring that up, but since you kicked it off, why not.

I'm wondering what they could clip off the coach sitting down at the Church of Love that would rival this? Not that Mike needs anything else to fret about.

I'm thinking a new Mango Love Shack is in order. Inside bus and vehicle parking, perimeter fence with heat seaking Tasers......

garyde
12-10-2006, 05:34 PM
Jon,

Absolutely right. The one car garage, is filled w/ restaurant/bus goodies. Barely room for the lawnmower.

I need a hangar about back like you have.

mm
Mango, You have but to dream it & it will happen. Gary

Jon Wehrenberg
12-10-2006, 06:40 PM
As long as we have started re-arranging Mango's assets, lets go for it in a big way.

He might as well go buy a big hangar at an airport. I'm thinking Manassas, but if he can get one at Dulles that will work too. Now he has security.

He has a place to park all the cars, the bus, and the plane he is going to fly inside, and he probably has room to store a few restaurants worth of fixtures.

Then, like the martini bar, he can design living quarters in a loft above the hangar floor.

If anybody messes with his stuff he has Homeland Security on call 24/7. I'll bet he feels safer already.

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-10-2006, 07:31 PM
No preaching here, :D Just a heart felt feeling to a new friend. Get Donna and the Mangoettes out of town. Move to Loudoun county ( Middleburg ,VA ), buy the kids a horse, send them to Fox Croft School. It's a kinder and gentler world there. You won't have to deal with only one kind of crap. :D and it will be worth it. Keep your toys in a barn. JIM :cool:

win42
12-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Mango: Not wanting to ignore a fellow POGERS plight I offer the following:

HOW TO INSTALL A HOME SECURITY SYSTEM IN THE SOUTH

1. Go to a second-hand store and buy a pair of men's used work boots size 14-16.
2. Place them on your front porch, along with a copy of Guns & Ammo magazine and your NRA magazines.
3. Put a few giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazine.
4. Leave a note on your door that reads:
Hey Bubba, Big Jim, Duke and Slim, I went for more ammunition. I'll be back soon. Don't mess with the pit bulls -- they attacked the mailman this morning and messed him up real bad. I don't think Killer took part in it but it was hard to tell from all the blood.

Anyways, I locked all four of 'em in the house. Better wait outside.

Check with fast R to see if I left off any details.

Sorry abiut your loss, that kind of thing pees me off to no end.

Jerry Winchester
12-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Sounds familiar. Except the need to buy the boots :cool:

We had a "youth party" experience at the house next door some years back. When they were sorting out the injured, one of the party boys said, "The guy who lived in the house on one side had a gun; the guy who lived on the other side didn't need one".