PDA

View Full Version : What's that light for?

smoore1104
07-15-2012, 11:43 AM
I am new to my coach and have found my way around pretty well. I do have a few questions, that I am sure one of you will know the answer to:

1. The white square light above the entry door at the same height as the awning - where is the on/off switch for that - I noticed that there is another on the driver side. What are they for?

2. The stairwell lights - they light up the stairs. They are not working in my coach - is there a separate switch for those as well?

3. My wine glass cabinet - in all the pictures I have seen of other coaches - there seems to be something to hold the glasses so they hang down from the top of the cabinet. All I have is a mirrored top - nothing to hold glasses - what am I missing and is this something I can easily purchase? All I have is a base clear plastic with small holes - too small to hold anything - including wine glass stems. (Not sure if I am being clear).

Thanks
Scott

Pete
07-15-2012, 09:18 PM
Scott, on most coaches, the light above the door is an area light that comes on when the door is opened, the same with the entrance stair lights. They are normally operated by a micro switch on the door hinge. Access to the switch usually is gained by removing the panel by the door (under the dash). It is more than likely a bad switch, bad contact of the switch to the hinge, no power to the switch, or bad bulbs in the light itself.
As for the wine glass cabinet, it sounds like you are missing the center shelf that suspends the glasses, or it is in fact there but is on the bottom of the cabinet.
Good luck in finding results.

smoore1104
07-16-2012, 07:43 AM
Great! I will look for that door switch - makes sense. I think I must be missing the shelf. Now to go find one!

Gary Carmichael
07-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Well please hurry up and get one! You do not want to miss out on a good wine in a fine piece of crystal! sort of goes with the coach if you know what I mean! Gary