PDA

View Full Version : Toilet Flapper

Jamie Bradford
07-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Hi

My toilet will not hold water.....

Flapper door replacement or seal or some other fix?

What is the easiest way to fix this issue?

Thanks

Jamie

JIM KELLER
07-14-2012, 08:26 PM
Jamie, We have the same toilet. Contact edmullaney@edmullaney.com. Great person to do business with. Talk to him on the phone if possible and he will help you.

JIM KELLER
07-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Also, if you have ever had water on the floor and didn't know where it came from order the vacuum breaker part I just installed.

charlesebrownjr
07-14-2012, 10:56 PM
If u have the Microphor toilet this is a difficult process, replacing the flapper, I've done it twice. I recently replaced my water pump with one of the shurflow extreme's and it said remove the accumulator tank for the pump to perform properly. Only problem is when u flush the toilet there is a few seconds delay before the pump starts and creates enough pressure to operate, meanwhile with the low pressure the vacuumed breaker ball seal drops and some times water will bypass the breaker untill it gets enough pressure to re-seal the vacuumed breaker. The fix, take the top off the vacuumed breaker, it just snaps off when u pull up, then unscrew the breaker tube and take it and the little white piece that is inside to Tru Valu or Ace and get a compression spring that will fit in the little white piece and is a little longer then the black tube and put it back in place and u will never have any water on the floor. All this is if u have removed ur accumulator tank. I don't see any need for the breaker in the first place.

HarborBus
07-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Jamie, before you start tearing your toilet apart there is a fix that might work. Many times the rubber seal will get bits of paper or whatever, you can use your imagination, so you need to clean it and them apply a non water soluble lubricant. I use the wife's tooth brush, don't tell he though.

JIM KELLER
07-17-2012, 07:55 AM
Elliott, THAT WAS FUNNY ! !

jonnie
07-17-2012, 08:29 AM
Jamie,

After cleaning the gasket, lubrticate it with vasoline. It worked on mine.

John Knollmaier

johnklopp
07-17-2012, 05:08 PM
There is a mechanical adjusment that determins how hard the flapper and gasket is pushed against the toilet bowl. The gasket is easy to replace if you dont mind dirty hands.