PDA

View Full Version : passenger side conrol panel

coreygrubb
07-08-2012, 03:10 PM
anyone out there know the position of the two plugs for the control panel on the pass. side(porch light, door&bay locks etc.on a 2000 CC xl ?

LarryB
07-08-2012, 06:20 PM
I have a 2000 CC so maybe I can help but, not sure what you are asking .

coreygrubb
07-08-2012, 08:51 PM
I have a 2000 CC so maybe I can help but, not sure what you are asking .

Next to the co-pilot seat and in front of the cup holder is a panel with the switches for porch light, bay boor lock and unlock, door lock, entry light etc. on the back side of that panel are two wire looms that have female pin connectors. They became disconnected accidently during a remodel. The female plugs have more holes than there are pins on the circuit board.

coreygrubb
07-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Next to the co-pilot seat and in front of the cup holder is a panel with the switches for porch light, bay boor lock and unlock, door lock, entry light etc. on the back side of that panel are two wire looms that have female pin connectors. They became disconnected accidently during a remodel. The female plugs have more holes than there are pins on the circuit board.

Picture 2- Location - right hand side of co-pilot seat.

Picture 1- Underside of control panel

Picture 3- Two wire looms, both 14 pin connectors, one marked E1 the other marked E2. Lefthand loom shows solder joints up, right loom shows solder joints down.

Problem- One side of the panel shows a 1, the other side shows a2. I assume loom E1 goes to the 1 on the board and E2 goes to 2.

The question is solder side up or down on either or both and where does the connector with 14 holes go onthe 10 pins on the board? BTW on the board, starting on the top pins are marked A thru J. Help! Can anyone take a look at theirs. It is only 4 screws.

JIM KELLER
07-14-2012, 08:40 PM
OK........At the risk of both of us having disconnected wires that we don't know where they go I am willing to help you. First, I need more information because I don't understand your question. The soldier side up or down question confuses me. Also are you showing the bottom side of the only board. If so where do the connectors plug into on that board ? I don't see a connection site. Did the connectors pull off when you lifted the panel or did you pull them off. Just trying to understand what I'm in for when I pull mine apart.

charlesebrownjr
07-14-2012, 10:43 PM
In your pic make sure the writing on the switches is oriented towards the top. E1 goes on the right hand side with the Black wire on the top pin. On my panel it is labeled GRD (ground) if u look real close. The last pin should have the Orange wire on it. The E2 harness goes on the left side with the same color orientation. A will be the second pin down from the top. This is all looking at the solder side with the writing on the switches being the top of the board. Need any further help call me. 318-366-9955.

coreygrubb
07-15-2012, 08:35 AM
In your pic make sure the writing on the switches is oriented towards the top. E1 goes on the right hand side with the Black wire on the top pin. On my panel it is labeled GRD (ground) if u look real close. The last pin should have the Orange wire on it. The E2 harness goes on the left side with the same color orientation. A will be the second pin down from the top. This is all looking at the solder side with the writing on the switches being the top of the board. Need any further help call me. 318-366-9955.
Charles, I would like to go to the bus and then call you. What would be a convenient time ? I am presently located in crntral time zone.

charlesebrownjr
07-15-2012, 10:57 AM
Call me any time after 11. I am in CST also.

coreygrubb
07-15-2012, 11:08 AM
Charles, I would like to go to the bus and then call you. What would be a convenient time ? I am presently located in crntral time zone.

Thanks a ton. I'll call in an hour.