PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen my center hub cap?

Ronald Hiemann
05-24-2012, 06:44 PM
If anybody has seen my stainless, center hub cap rolling down the highway, it is mine and I will pay you for its safe return.
Somehow, I have lost one cap off of the rear axle. It was there in the morning, when I checked my tire pressure and it was gone by the time we set-up for the night.
I suspect the cap was not put back on tightly enough when they mounted my new tires a week ago.
I will not be surprised to find out these Alcoa hub caps cost a pretty penny.
Ouch.

pwf252
05-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Ron,
Post a picture of the one you still have. I bought a set from another pogger awhile back but never used them. Sooo if mine match yours, you pay shipping and a dinner next time we see one another and I'll ship it to you.

Patrick

Lawrence M.
05-25-2012, 03:11 AM
Try Real Wheels for a possible replacement.

GregS
05-25-2012, 07:54 AM
Ronald

I recently had the tires on my truck rotated at Wal-Mart and a few days later I noticed a lug nut cover missing, so I went to Wal-Mart and told them and they bought me a replacement...Cost to Wal-Mart $100.00...So ya mite wanna contact who you bought your tires from and check all your other covers as I also recently bought new tires for my coach and several days later found several loose, 2 that where already missing 1 screw...What I found while tightning them and replacing the 2 lost screws was the screws had become very dry and slightly corroded so a touch of grease made tightning very easy and thourough...

I hope to see Ya'll back at Heritage soon...

Sticks
05-25-2012, 08:37 PM
I lost lug nut cover few years ago and besides checking bolt tightness frequently, the best solution for long term was ( blue) lock tight.