PDA

View Full Version : "new" to me Angol H3-45

wyle.e.kyote
05-21-2012, 04:57 PM
My family just bought a new-to-us a 2000 Angola H3-45 after searching for about 5 months.

We've not owned a big RV before, but have been -- er, abused -- by the rental industry for a number of years. Our kids are of the age where going to things like the grand canyon are still interesting to them (at least as long as we have internet access and they can update their facebook pages periodically)

The rig seems to be in good shape, I've had it inspected twice and have a punch list of things to do on it before we made the offer .. Usual kind of things have been found .. batteries and bags from what we can tell. Lots of electrical issues in the house video side.. noise and other artifacts on the screens .. Nothing there looks too complicated to fix .. just needs TLC

We should pick it up Wednesday and drive on a trip over the Memorial day weekend - which of course - should generate a MUCH longer punch list. Still fun though and we are excited to finally own our own vehicle.

Loc
05-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Kyote,

Congratulations on your new adventure. The guys at Panterra Coach may be a great resource to you regarding your Angola. They were very helpful to me over the years with my first bus which was a 92 Angola XL. A couple of the guys had worked for Angola and were familiar with my set up and even my coach. The great thing about the Angola we had was that it was a logical and simple set up on all of the systems. That made it easier and cheaper to work on when necessary.

Loc

wayne
05-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Congratulations!
Have a wonderful, safe and memorable maiden voyage!

garyde
05-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Congradulations on your Prevost purchase. Great pictures, I like the colors and the graphics. Good luck on your your maiden trip, hope all goes well. If you have anything occur during your trip don't hesitate to post.

wyle.e.kyote
05-22-2012, 04:06 PM
Kyote,

Congratulations on your new adventure. The guys at Panterra Coach may be a great resource to you regarding your Angola. They were very helpful to me over the years with my first bus which was a 92 Angola XL. A couple of the guys had worked for Angola and were familiar with my set up and even my coach. The great thing about the Angola we had was that it was a logical and simple set up on all of the systems. That made it easier and cheaper to work on when necessary.

Loc

You hit on one of the main reasons we settled on the Angola conversion .. while not as fancy, the systems are very simplified and hopefully simple means less breakage and trip interruption and/or expense.

I do have lots of questions .. starting with a long list of "what does this switch do" Probably post something tomorrow on that subject if my kids haven't figured it out by the time i get home.