PDA

View Full Version : What is This

Gil_J
05-16-2012, 08:01 AM
I was behind a dash panel and discovered an alarm buzzer that someone didn't want to hear. The wire to the buzzer has been cut. Any ideas what it's for? My bet is someone didn't want to hear the buzzer when the window open or antenna up lights were on. I'll hook it up and find out.

JIM KELLER
05-16-2012, 08:09 AM
Gil, What were you doing behind the Dash Panel. Looking for trouble ? I don't recognize that board. Let us know what it is wired into.

Gil_J
05-16-2012, 08:33 AM
Jim,

I was behind there to clean up some wiring that was dangling below the dash. I was also in search of the dash air fan. After the dash air has been running for a while it makes two sounds. One is like the blower is sitting in water and the other sounds like the blower is rubbing on something when I make a turn. I've found the blower, but haven't taken it out yet.

Gil_J
06-03-2012, 09:20 PM
I wired a push button switch to this mystery buzzer. It turned out to be the buzzer that indicates the turn signal or 4 way flashers are on. I can see why it was clipped.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
06-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Gil, What were you doing behind the Dash Panel. Looking for trouble ? I don't recognize that board. Let us know what it is wired into.

Jim Keller, he is learning his new coach!! Don't bother him. You know how things are when you have a new toy!!!
Sandy

dreamchasers
06-03-2012, 10:35 PM
I was behind a dash panel and discovered an alarm buzzer that someone didn't want to hear. The wire to the buzzer has been cut. Any ideas what it's for? My bet is someone didn't want to hear the buzzer when the window open or antenna up lights were on. I'll hook it up and find out.

Gil,

As a Country Coach owner, I can offer my input. On my 1995 CC, all the bay doors have a micro switch that indicates when the bay doors are locked. Their are numerous switches in series in the circuit and if any one is open, the alarm lamp will light (my coach has a lamp, not a buzzer).

My second guess, because of the diodes on the circuit board, is all the windows have a small micro switch that indicated the windows are closed. This input goes to my voice synthesizer. If I turn on the ignition and a window is open, the voice synthesizer will announce the alert.

Hope this helps.

Hector

JIM KELLER
06-04-2012, 07:08 AM
Jim Keller, he is learning his new coach!! Don't bother him. You know how things are when you have a new toy!!!
Sandy

Good One Sandy. Looks like you were quite the busy girl on this site last night !

cthalfman
10-14-2013, 09:19 PM

Gil, where behind the dash did you find this buzzer? I have a turn signal/hazard buzzer on my CC that is quite obnoxious and redundant with the Glass Dash tone which is much softer. I would like to perform the same surgery.

mcirco
10-18-2013, 12:04 AM
This is the audio warning board. It has 3 'positive voltage' inputs - left turn, right turn, and a spare input. It has 3 'ground' inputs - tag axle, engine stop, and 2 spares. The spare inputs could be used for anything Country Coach might have desired from time to time.

Miles

Gil_J
10-18-2013, 06:49 AM
Chris, this is behind and attached to the dash panel with the radio in it.

Joe Camper
10-19-2013, 07:53 PM
Gill u have 2 blowers for the dash. There is 4 ducts coming off of each one. 1 is easier to get it its the one on the right side. The one on the drivers side is quite buried. CC along with many other conversions did not build in any amount of accessability. I really hope the passenger side is the one making noise. If not the best way to pull the drivers side blower motor on a motorhome conversion is out the front. Drill out the rivets on the sides and bottom of the center front stainless and lift it up. The blower will be looking at u. This is the alternative to pulling the flooring and the step slide and CC also has the bottom of the dash to deal with. This method takes a 4 day job and turns it into 4 hrs. Ive done a few. Sounds crazy but it really is the best method.