PDA

View Full Version : Olivia is based on a 2005 shell with the standard Detroit diesel engine

Ronald Hiemann
05-15-2012, 10:22 PM
Rick Mays of Coach Worx fame has suggested to me to have the engine looked at. In particlar, the turbo. His gut feeling is, that the turbo is not getting enough air.
We are leaving St. Pete on Friday to begin our trek back up North. There is probably not enough time to schedule a service appointment here in the Tampa area with Detroit Diesel.
Does anyone have experience with another Detroit Diesel service facility along the East coast you would care to recommend? Your comments will be appreciated. Cheers, Ronald

jack14r
05-16-2012, 06:26 AM
I have had real good service from Covington Diesel in Greensboro,NC,it is not really on your route north.

Gil_J
05-16-2012, 07:49 AM
Ronald,

Whether you spend the down time along your route or before you begin is still down time. I just had service done at Florida Detroit in Tampa and was satisified. Without an appointment I dropped it off one day and they worked on it the next day. I told them I was in no rush, so maybe they would have got to it the same day if I needed them to.

JIM KELLER
05-16-2012, 08:29 AM
Ron, If you are headed North via I 95 don't rule out Prevost in Jacksonville. Sometimes referred to as Camp Prevost because of their available campsites with hookups. They are very accommodating and fair. Easy to get into with restaurants and shopping.

JIM KELLER
05-27-2012, 06:56 AM
Rick Mays of Coach Worx fame has suggested to me to have the engine looked at. In particlar, the turbo. His gut feeling is, that the turbo is not getting enough air.
We are leaving St. Pete on Friday to begin our trek back up North. There is probably not enough time to schedule a service appointment here in the Tampa area with Detroit Diesel.
Does anyone have experience with another Detroit Diesel service facility along the East coast you would care to recommend? Your comments will be appreciated. Cheers, Ronald

Ron, How did this turn out ? Was there an air supply issue with your turbo ?

Ronald Hiemann
08-11-2012, 01:43 PM
This response comes just a little bit late but so was the service call. I did not have the time to take the coach in for a check-up before leaving FL and have been busy doing other things since we arrived back in the Northeast. However, we are going to visit Canada in a couple of weeks, getting together with my brother in law, to do the Lake Superior Circle Tour. So, off to Detroit Diesel we went a week ago to have the engine and systems serviced. I asked them specifically to take a close look at the turbo. I am happy to report, some $900 later, all is well and no turbo issues. The service people at DT in Wakefield, MA, were very friendly and did everything timely. They even put plastic covers over the chairs and on the floor. The first guy to enter the coach to plug his laptop into the data port took his shoes off before entering the coach.

JIM KELLER
08-12-2012, 07:23 AM
Ron, Good to hear and thanks for the update !