PDA

View Full Version : Do I really need an outside entertainment center?

Ronald Hiemann
04-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Hi Group! Olivia, just like many other coaches, does have an outside TV and Stereo "entertainment center". In fact, it is contained in a nicely finished teak cabinet.
But, we hardly watch TV at all and the idea to sit in a resort campground with blaring TV's outside is scaring us. So much so, that I am sitting here, polishing my stainless Mossberg.
For me, the space taken-up by the outside TV is valuable, lost storage space.
What are your thoughts? Should we dump it and use the newly found storage bay? Should we not touch it, in case you come over with a case of beer, some scotch, rum, gin, rum & pretzels to watch the games? Any other ideas?
Needless to say, we could just take it out and put it into storage for when we may sell the coach in the future. But that means we have to have the storage space for it or pay for the same.
Cheers,
Ronald

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-26-2012, 08:02 PM
We took ours out for the same reasons and are happy with the decision.

A chest freezer/refrigerator now in the space and room to store supplies.

The weight of the entertainment center was more than the weight of the new contents of the bay.

JIM

gershwin
04-26-2012, 08:57 PM
My two cents although I don't own a Prevost yet;)

I've seen a bracket whereby an LCD tv slides back parallel to the interior wall, negating the loss of any storage and when you pull it out it pivots for viewing. Additionally, the tv in our master bedroom as a very nice integrated speaker mounted under the tv therefore negating the need for speakers not-contiguous to the tv itself a thin system no deeper than a few inches. I think a 42" and speaker ran $800

Seems to me the best of both worlds! - storage and TV

Sid Tuls
04-26-2012, 09:43 PM
I have had this coach 4 years and only used it two times. I would take it out if you need the storage and store it like you said for a later date.

Mark3101
04-26-2012, 10:23 PM
We use ours sporadically. It depends on where we are and how long we are staying I guess. if you *really* need the space you could take it out, but do you really need the extra space? I have removed lots of extra junk this past winter that we used to think we needed, but didn't. I am always thinking about the weight issue. Our coaches are already heavy enough. The more junk you pack in, the bigger the problem. I am keeping ours as it makes sense to me to leave it alone and have it available for the times we do want it. Besides, it is a great conversation piece when you pull into a campground and the people walk by and gawk at you sitting there watching a movie having that cold beer or whatever.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
04-26-2012, 10:37 PM
Ronald,
Ed & I removed our TV downstairs also. Love the storage area better!! Ours was a Plasma Screen on a HUGE.... lift that brought it out and then turned it around and tilted all around. We put the screen in one of our house rooms and selling the HUGE lift. If you aren't big TV watchers, then I would say get rid of it. Socializing with friends and meeting new people is much more fun than watching TV.

Sandy

Reagan Sirmons
04-26-2012, 10:43 PM
I basically do not set up without the outside TV and or the outside music on for entertainment. We always have guests outside and use the music constantly. The TV is on outside from 8:30 am until 10 pm at football tail gating weekends. The center is great and is a super re-sale item for the coach. I am rethinking how I can revamp the speaker system for an orchestral sound. How much stuff does one need to carry? I understand if you personally do not use the center but I view the center as a primary source of enjoyment. Give it more of a try before destroying the center...try a little Bee Gee's for a while...my thoughts..
Pres

garyde
04-26-2012, 10:47 PM
i use mine occasionally. If I am smoking a cigar and wanting to watch news or sports event its very handy.

Seabyrd
04-27-2012, 01:14 AM
We love to sit out at night & watch a game or a good movie when the weather is good. I wouldn't be happy buying a bus without it but if you plan on keeping it do your own thing... you only live once you have a gorgeous bus and it should be the way you want it to be!! If you do remove it store it somewhere and preserve all the wiring for future use ... that way if you change your lifestyle or decide to sell it you can put it back in. If you have an outdoor room there at Heritage maybe you can use it in there somehow?
I say do what YOU want to do!! ah.. decisions decisions!!