PDA

View Full Version : Darl Wilson

flyu2there
04-15-2012, 03:29 PM
I met Darl at POG V in Pahrump and we have stayed in touch, well stayed in touch at least annually. Have not heard from Darl from some time and checking on his members page noticed that he has not been online with POG since early 2010. Google search revealed that Darl passed away nearly a year ago, although he is still shown as an active member. While I only met Darl at POG V, I can say he was a great guy and that his wife made some Muy Bueno Tamales............

"

Resources
Send Flowers Now
Get Disability Benefits
Premium Public Records
Find Death Certificates

Obituary Print
Darl E. Wilson | Visit Guest Book

Darl E. Wilson

December 6, 1938

March 7, 2011

DARL E. WILSON, age 72, passed away on March 7, 2011 at his residence in Silver Springs. He was born Dec. 6, 1938 in Washington and had lived in Reno and also Fallon. He is survived by his wife, Martha; children grandchildren and 2 sisters. Visitation will be held on Tuesday, March 8th from 6 -8 pm at Smith Family Funeral Home, 505 Rio Vista Dr. in Fallon. Graveside services with military honors will be on Wednesday at 2pm at the Veterans Cemetery in Fernley.

Published in Reno Gazette-Journal on March 8, 2011"

My best to his wife Martha.

garyde
04-15-2012, 04:27 PM
I had been in touch with Darl well over a year ago. He had sold his Coach and as the article said had retired to his home in Silver Springs. We had traveled together to South Dakota several years earlier to a POG Rally with Harry and Shirley. A very nice man.

merle&louise
04-15-2012, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the post, John.

I talked with Darl when we were planning our trip to Alaska. He wrote lengthly emails and made good suggestions about what to see and do there. Darl had been up to Alaska a few times and he loved it.

He was a true POGGER; kind, considerate, and helpful. He will be missed.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
04-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Very Sorry to hear this regarding Darl. Met him at Spearfish rally. WAS A TRUE GENTLEMAN.
Our regards to Martha.
Sandy & Ed