PDA

View Full Version : Mirrors

virginiacamper
04-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Hi all,

I just purchased a 1996 Prevost XL II and both mirrors have issues with the chrome on the mirrors and one mirror was damaged and needs the glass replaced. Can you recommend the best approach and experience? Should I look to get Prevost parts? Can the mirrors have the chrome replated? Other manufacturers? What about used mirrors?

Thanks for any advice as we are just beginning our Prevost adventure.

Mike and Mona Harper

Pete
04-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Keep a look out on ebay. You can find them there on occasion.

Jamie Bradford
04-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Hi Mike,

I just sent your request to some people who specialize in this kind of stuff. You should be presented with some options to address this.

Jamie

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Yes you can have Prevost replace the glass mirrors or buy the parts and do it yourself.

Yes you can have the mirrors re-chrome plated.

Some buy new units and R&R, they are quite expensive.

JIM :)

Reagan Sirmons
04-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Mike,
It sounds like you have several issues with the current set up. It is possible that once you get these fixed, they will not be dependable. I would entertain looking at Ramco mirrors and find out what it would take to replace the set without the electrical bridle. You obviously have the electrical bridle in place. I did a complete replacement on an '87 Newell when we rebuilt it and the cost was about $2500. I did not have the bridle or anything else. We did a complete install from scratch. I was phenomenally pleased and considered the cost well worth the effort.
Mirrors are so very important not only in the need for dependability but also in appearance. They really dress up the front of the coach. My best results have been with the larger mirror reflecting the longer view being on the bottom of the mirror. I have had both but that is my conclusion.
My two cents worth.
Pres

ronwalker
04-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Mike,
Glass replacement is an easy job for an owner to handle. Ramco's website is http://www.ramco-eng.com/products/Mirrors.htm. 'Don't know about the chrome.

Gary Carmichael
04-15-2012, 07:53 AM
Mike are you located in V.A. I am south of Roanoke.

virginiacamper
04-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Gary, Yes I am in Vienna. Very excited to get our first Prevost and join POG. I am picking it up next Friday and looking forward to the adventure. It is a later model, but the pre-purchase inspection looked good less a few issues like the mirrors.

Thanks!

virginiacamper
04-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Jamie,

Thanks!

Jamie Bradford
04-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Hi Mike,

Doug at Excalibur said he had plenty of used mirrors. 407-427-5489 ......Idougs@aol.com

Jamie