PDA

View Full Version : Blind replacement & valance

Liam
04-08-2012, 01:08 PM
I need to replace the blinds on my bus (United Window Fashions - which appear to be out of business?). It looks insanely tight to be able to install new mounting hardware up inside the valances. Has someone found an easy way to do that? My kids said a lot of cold air radiated from the windows when they were sleeping so I was thinking about honeycomb type blinds for insulation. Alternatively, how hard is it to remove and replace the valance. I see pictures of in-process remodels, but does anyone have a "step-by-step"? Thanks!

Seabyrd
04-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Not sure about your coach but the valances in our coach are covered with a pleated fabric and if you run your fingers down each pleat you can feel the screw heads... Very easy to remove for us...
As for your blinds the cellular shades are a good choice and they can be purchased now with remote controls and are battery operated even the wiring can be moved to a convenient location so you can easily change the batteries when needed. I think Levolor makes them. Also levolor has a "cut to order" cellular shade that is in stock at Lowes... they have a magnetic mechanism where you can raise and lower them very easily... also have them in light filtering and room darkening and in 3 different colors. they are very easy to install also.
Good Luck !!

Liam
04-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Thanks. Mine are covered with suede type material. I guess they must have used several designs.

Seabyrd
04-08-2012, 10:54 PM
the fabric on mine is what was called Ultra Suede which is a synthetic suede but it is gathered or pleated and the screw heads are hidden in the pleats or gathers.. mine took some time to find.. there was also velcro and some white nylon fasteners and we had to pull it fairly hard after the screws were removed to get it off.