PDA

View Full Version : The Joy of Fuel Costs

Jamie Bradford
04-04-2012, 11:19 PM
I was just looking at my Fuel Spreadsheet -

Last three years :

Miles : 55,398

Highest Fuel : BP St. Ignace , Michigan.................................. $ 4.25 / gallon 9/30/2008

Lowest Fuel : Mapco Jasper , Tennessee................................. $ 1.80 / gallon 3/8/2009

Miles Driven 55,398 ............Fuel Costs...................................$ ABUNCH

But - I would not want to travel any other way..............

Ronald Hiemann
04-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Interesting and scary, too. Especially, since all of us will have to get used to fuel prices + $4.00/gallon.
However, I have also always operated my assorted cars and other toys on the basis of "if you need to know, you cannot afford it".
For that reason, I have never kept a record. I just shudder when I see the dial go past $500
:-)
Cheers,
Ronald

merle&louise
04-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Most of us have budgets that we live by so when gas prices go up we have to get creative.

We simply take shorter trips! We will drive to nice campgrounds within a 500 mile radius of our home and stay a week or so. This way we get to use the coach and enjoy its amenities and still live within our budget.

I don't know how you guys feel, but I'm not going to let it stop me from doing what I like to do.:D

merle&louise
04-05-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm with you Jamie, I would not want to travel any other way either.

How cool is it to have your own bed, your own food prepared the way you like it, and the safety of a 25 Ton bus!

It doesn't get much better than that!

Just as an aside, the price of WTI fell to $102 today! Whaa Hoo! I feel a road trip coming on!