PDA

View Full Version : water flush volume in Headhunter royal flush

nrhareiner
11-30-2006, 07:35 AM
Good morning everyone,

I have just purchased a 2002 Vantare XLII-S2. We are on our first trip with coach. Previously from 1996-2004 we owned a 97 Liberty.

Am having problem with volume of water (and duration of time) that toilet flushes. I think the problem is in the Timer Module. However I cannot find how to reach the module either to adjust or replace. This is important since we are dry camping and the volume of each flush is causing serious problems.

Thank you for any help.

Kim Sloan

Jon Wehrenberg
11-30-2006, 07:47 AM
A big welcome to Kim from the owner of his former coach.

Kim, I think your best source for the answer on that is Vantare unless it is the same type toilet that Marathon uses in which case our resident experts Tom and Lew can provide detailed toilet maintenance instructions.

truk4u
11-30-2006, 08:38 AM
Kim,

Welcome aboard... If yours is a Microphor, I can help, if not, maybe someone else can jump in here. On the Microphor there is a small dial that allows you control the amount of water by changing the timer. It's a little hard to see, a small black knob with a white background just under the red wire . Left is less water, right is more. Here is a pic of the adjustment..

You should see your old bus, it now has this LED glow or should I say haze underneath, just like the movie stars.:D In fact, I think someone noted they heard Elvis was aboard.:eek:

dalej
11-30-2006, 10:06 AM
Kim, my first thought is if there is a valve to shut the water completely off, just keep turning it down until
you get the results you need. Then in the mean time talk to the manufacture.

nrhareiner
11-30-2006, 04:11 PM
Actually we did see the bus at SF. We left the day after PogII. I did not yet have the Vantare.

The valve described just turns the volume of water flowing in the bowl. The timer actually controls how long the flushing cycle will last. Vantare does not seem to know where the access to the valve, or the wires from the button that causes the action.

Kim

Gary & Peggy Stevens
11-30-2006, 05:12 PM
Kim, what was your reason for changing from the 97 Liberty XLII to an
02 Marathon XL II ?

Was it the slides ?
Was it the Convertor?
Was it the colors?

I thought you couldn't get any better than a Liberty?

What ever the reason, congrat's to you and your new Ride & Joy !

Or all of the above.

Jeff Bayley
11-30-2006, 06:31 PM
Kim-

Can't help noticing your last name of Sloan is the same as a major name I always see in the mens room. I think they make toilets valves. Are you sure you don't have a relative that works at the factory for the toilet problem ? Just kidding.

I have a microphor head also and I rebuilt the whole thing with many fits of frustration. Sounds like your problem could be an adjustment. There aren't very many dealers that can service these spread around but if your traveling and you haven't solved it yet I would recommned calling Microphor (or whoever makes it) and finding out the locations of their dealers are before you pass one along the way and find out too late that you could have made a pit stop.

Lee Bornstein
11-30-2006, 10:01 PM
I have the Royal Flush "Superbowl" toilet by Headhunter in my 97 Liberty.

The Flush Cycle Controller is located on the left rear side of the toilet about 3" below the rim. Rear access panel must be removed to see it.

There is a small white screw on the flush cycle controller. This is to adjust the time of your flush. Clockwise increases flush duration. Run time should be long enough to clear your lines of sewage.

Other possible causes of weak flushing action are:
1. Low voltage at Pump
2. Blockage at the Water Jet Macerator
3. Pump Water Strainer Clogged.

You can also call Headhunter at 503-581-6996 for help.

Hope this helps.

Lee

nrhareiner
12-04-2006, 04:31 PM
Hello Gary,

The reason to switch from Liberty to Vantare is complicated. We went through period with fiberglass coaches nd were not happy. When returning to prevost, the vantare was significantly cheaper, and provided more "dry camping" capabilities.

Kim

nrhareiner
12-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Thank you Lee,

Yes, the toilet is the same as in 97 Liberty. When you mention the rear access panel, is that reachable from the room where the toilet is located, or are you removing panels from the wall behind the toilet?

Kim

Lee Bornstein
12-04-2006, 10:01 PM
On Mine there is a removable panel on the rear left side of toilet.

See picture below:

http://www.trims.com/lee/toilet.jpg

The vertical fillet piece between toilet and wall is Corian held in place by Velcro.

Hope this helps.

Lee

nrhareiner
12-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Lee that does help. That is what I thought, but the people before us had the piece GLUED in place.

Kim