PDA

View Full Version : Three Amigos OKC

Jerry Winchester
04-02-2012, 11:04 AM
While enjoying the Sun n Fun airshow, Mango Mike, the Krakman and I thought about having a gathering in OKC of all the westbound folks headed to the Las Vegas rally in October. This would be a Thursday-Friday kinda deal before the weekend of the start to the rally.

We did this a couple of times at my hanger in Houston for the Kerrville rallies and ended up with 10-15 coaches there.

Any interest?

BrianE
04-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Welcome back Jerry. If you'd take care of the price of diesel, it'd be worth the trip just to get a chance to hang with you guys again.

Jerry Winchester
04-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Just make it part of your east coast loop and it will be like free. You would have enjoyed the air show.

Jamie Bradford
04-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Hi Jerry,

I think that would be great! We had a blast last time in Houston.

That is nice of you all - It is on the way from Michigan to Vegas.

Thanks

Jamie

grantracy
04-02-2012, 06:57 PM
I can see us being there

Ray Davis
04-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Makes me wish I was heading through OKC myself! Sounds like another great bash. We're working hard to pull together the details for the Vegas rally. We're expecting it will be a lot of fun, and look forward to seeing everyone in Vegas. I think Jamie will be posting initial details very soon.

ray

Will Garner
04-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Hey Jerry, I'm coming through OKC this year, unfortunately that would be in June - a little too sooner than later.

Seabyrd
04-25-2012, 04:42 PM
That would be awesome Jerry.. your last one in Houston was great !!

Jerry Winchester
06-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Whilst working on my day job, I will admit I haven't followed this very close to see who is actually coming. What I thought would be a few (5 or 6) coaches has turned into three or four times that. So, if you have secured a spot at Twin Fountains and plan on attending, let me know so I can get the other Two Amigos off their ass and put the plan in motion.

And yes we will have a Country Coach technician available......

Seabyrd
06-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Yes Jerry... we booked a month ago.... can't wait... also willing to help in anyway !!

Loc
06-12-2012, 09:03 AM
JDUB,

I booked a couple of weeks ago. It will be just me.

Loc

grantracy
06-12-2012, 07:46 PM
I better get busy and reserve something

grantracy
06-13-2012, 06:34 AM
What are the exact dates?

Loc
06-13-2012, 03:34 PM
JDUB told me the nights of September 28 and 29th (Friday and Saturday). Leave for LV or elsewhere on the 30th (Sunday). I reserved for Thursday the 27th as well.

aggies09
06-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Way to go Loc. I thought the bus was getting close to retirement. Good to see you planning on burning some diesel.

GDeen
06-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Way to go Loc. I thought the bus was getting close to retirement. Good to see you planning on burning some diesel.

That bus is showing signs of life Tony. Operative word might be renaissance for the as of late hanger queen Aggie Millennium......

billbunch47
06-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Reservations made Rita and little ole me will be with youall fine folks wish it was sooner!

merle&louise
08-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Louise and I are in for the OKC rally only. Can't make it to Vegas; wish we could.

We should be arriving on Sept 26. Looking forward to it.

Pete
08-22-2012, 04:25 PM
E.J. and I are in as well, arriving on thurs the 27th. We are meeting up with others for the trip on to Las Vegas. Looking forward to seeing every one. Roger...get busy and sell a lot of cars, I may need some seed money for Vegas!

rfoster
08-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Pete: Come on, I got the money. I am getting it from Mr Keller. He and Patrick bringing a big load next week.

merle&louise
08-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Do you think Mr. Keller might have enough for a poor cajun family who has been eating potted meat and vienna sausage for the past few months? It's tough trying to keep up with those "entrepreneurs" from Florida and Dallas. Boy, we would give anything for a good, Tennessee opposum stew!

JIM KELLER
08-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Roger, I thought you said to bring HONEY ! Patrick and I bought a whole bag of extra sweet Bee Honey for our arrival next week.

Pete
08-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Jim & Patrick, that excuse is too late! We are counting on MONEY! And just when we were going to ask Tuga for his credit card.....HE STARTS the POOR MOUTHING!
Roger, stand strong, don't show up with a sack full of HONEY!

Seabyrd
08-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Hi Guys....

Do we have a head count for the rally yet... looks like we have quite a few????

Diane

JIM KELLER
08-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Jim & Patrick, that excuse is too late! We are counting on MONEY! And just when we were going to ask Tuga for his credit card.....HE STARTS the POOR MOUTHING!
Roger, stand strong, don't show up with a sack full of HONEY!

Pete, You are really funny !

JIM KELLER
08-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Do you think Mr. Keller might have enough for a poor cajun family who has been eating potted meat and vienna sausage for the past few months? It's tough trying to keep up with those "entrepreneurs" from Florida and Dallas. Boy, we would give anything for a good, Tennessee opposum stew!

Tuga, Run from that Hurricane headed your way and come to Florida. We will feed you.

merle&louise
08-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Thanks Jim,

We are just going to ride this one out and stay put! It should only be a minor storm; CAT 1 or 2 at most. We can handle it.

Dan & Jo are going to pitch a tent on the beach in Diamondhead, MS to watch the hurricane come ashore. He believes that the storm will make landfall in front of his office! A direct hit!

Pete
08-26-2012, 08:05 PM
Jim, looks like you guys are going to "dodge the bullet" this time, hope the rain, ect, after the storm does not follow you to Tennessee and points north.
Don't worry about Tuga, he has a stock of potted meat & vienna sausage on hand. (I am pretty sure he will make some gumbo out of it)

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
08-26-2012, 09:09 PM
We sure wish that we were in OKC right now. Going through this ISAAC crap gets boring after a while. I am still trying to figure out where the media gets all their info from. Even when they have their troops on the ground in the areas knowing the truth, it was reported as a different scenario.
Key West went through this storm with no problems. It was a little windy but after it had passed, We are viewing on TV that the storm is still southwest of us here in Key West. Not much rain at all, but reported as HEAVY down pour. West Palm and across to Ft. Myers is getting more than what we had.
Can't wait for OKC and also our Las Vegas POG rally!!! See ya'll soon.
Sandy & Ed

Pete
08-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Ed & Sandy, we are happy to hear you are ok. We sent you an email, but it may not have gotten to you. You know how the press likes to amplify any issue they can. Glad yall are good.

merle&louise
08-27-2012, 06:34 AM
We sure wish that we were in OKC right now. Going through this ISAAC crap gets boring after a while. I am still trying to figure out where the media gets all their info from. Even when they have their troops on the ground in the areas knowing the truth, it was reported as a different scenario.
Key West went through this storm with no problems. It was a little windy but after it had passed, We are viewing on TV that the storm is still southwest of us here in Key West. Not much rain at all, but reported as HEAVY down pour. West Palm and across to Ft. Myers is getting more than what we had.
Can't wait for OKC and also our Las Vegas POG rally!!! See ya'll soon.
Sandy & Ed

Sandy & Ed,

The media sensationalizes everything. I remember for one of the hurricanes, I think it was Gustav, Jim Cantore' of the Weather Channel was reporting from my home town of Houma, LA. According to him the world was going to end in about 6 minutes and everybody was going to die (twice!).

What happened next was unbelieveable. I can't recall which website this was shown on, I think it was the Houma Courier newspaper (houmatoday.com) they showed Terrebonne General Hospital with 6' of water in the parking lot! White caps and all. We were in Shreveport, LA at the time I saw this picture. My first response was that my business (located about 2 blocks from the hospital) was under water and for all practical purposes I was out of business for a long time.

Guess what? The picture was an enhanced photo of WHAT THE HOSPITAL WOULD LOOK LIKE if a CAT 5 hurricane were to score a direct hit on Houma. Unbelieveable!

Sometimes I wish we didn't have any media reporting. Damn it, if you can't report it accurately don't report anything.

pwf252
08-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Tuga,
Ain't no money in reporting accurately.
And speaking about money I must be really confused cause I was planning on showing up at Rogers with a sack full, but don't believe there will be any money in it.

merle&louise
08-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Amen Patrick! Keep your eye on Fast Roger; they don't call him fast for nothing!

Look forward to seeing you and Sherry in OKC.

Jerry Winchester
08-28-2012, 09:02 AM
Sorry to bust up the weather update, but it's getting close to Amigo Time and I need a good headcount. So even if you previously said, "Hey I'm in", post a note on this thread letting me know for sure.

We have the Twin Fountains pavilion for Thursday night and my hanger at PWA for the soirée on Friday.

Sheep have been reported in the vicinity.

merle&louise
08-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Tuga & Karen are in.
Dan & Jo are in.
Roger & Micki are in.
Ed & Sandy are in.
Pete & EJ are in.

Pete
08-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Jerry, thanks again. We know you have been very busy, anything we can do to help, just let us know. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Seabyrd
08-28-2012, 09:32 PM
Larry & Diane Byrd are IN

Loc
08-29-2012, 06:50 PM
I will be there sans the better half or the M&M's

Coloradobus
08-31-2012, 10:24 PM
Jerry,
We are in.

Jerry Winchester
09-18-2012, 10:08 AM
Okay, new opportunity for lunch on Friday. We have a new drilling rig being commissioned in our yard on 44th ST. in Oklahoma City, not very far from my hanger. There is a lunch feed out there with a tour of the rig - a new design aimed at shale and horizontal drilling.

Anyway, if you want to attend, let me know. If you don't want to get your hair messed up or have an aversion to rocks, this isn't your kind of place. If you want some good grub and to see a state of the art drilling rig while wearing a snappy looking hard hat - game on.

JDUB

GDeen
09-18-2012, 11:44 AM
Can WSD be the rig dog for a day?

Jerry Winchester
09-18-2012, 02:16 PM
We'll let him man the dog house control console.

GDeen
09-18-2012, 03:31 PM
We are in - would love to see the new tech stuff..

merle&louise
09-18-2012, 08:47 PM
Louise and I are in for the oil rig tour.

She looks good in a hard hat!

We may have a guest traveling with us so make it 3!

Thanks Jerry, let us know if you need any help.

Seabyrd
09-18-2012, 08:58 PM
Larry and I are in... thanks Jerry !!
Diane

Pete
09-19-2012, 09:32 AM
E.J. & Pete are in as well. I remember the tour you took us on during the OKC rally. It was one of the highlights of the rally. Looking forward to it.
Thanks

Danss
09-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Dan is in!

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
09-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Sandy & Ed would love to join in, Jerry.

Pete
09-30-2012, 11:17 PM
Jerry, thanks to you, Tom, Mango, and your hard working wives, the OKC stop over, and rig visit was a blast! You guys always do a great job! Thanks again for your hospitality.