PDA

View Full Version : Marathon owner new to POG

jimb
03-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Just purchased my second Prevost after an absence from large coaches for several years. I spend part of the year in Maine (Alfred) and most of the year in Mount Dora, FL. I had the good fortune of buying a one owner, very low miles 02 Marathon H3 45 (non slide) from the original owner. It has been serviced since birth at Marathon in San Antonio. I had looked at a number of Libertys and Marathons (as well as others) prior to this purchase and this just seemed to be the best fit for me. My last coach was an XL so I'll be interested to see what the real road difference is between the H.

While I won't have much of a problem getting service in Florida, I would appreciate and welcome any information about other Marathon owners and techs familiar with Marathon for when I am up North.

I was thrilled to find out that the webmaster for POG is a Mainer also and knows people that I know.

Thanks too all who post interesting and useful stuff on these forums. If I have something I feel will be of value to others, I'll post it.

garyde
03-24-2012, 09:05 PM
Welcome and congradulations on your new to you Marathon. There are many Marathon POG owners, and H3 owners as well. I'm sure they will be happy to answer anything you need .

BoaterAl
03-24-2012, 11:20 PM
Welcome and we look forward to seeing your new ride at one of the POG rallies. Marathon is a great bus and any questions you have fire away. We are here to help and all inquires will be answered. Sometimes we get lucky to get the right answer.
Oh, by the way POG members love spending other members money to fix something.

Of course Marathons rarely need any attention other then a wash.

HarborBus
03-25-2012, 12:21 AM
Congratulation on your purchase and welcome, glad to have another Marathon owner on board. Post some pictures we would love to see it. You also might want to add you signature with the Year, Make, and Model of your coach just in case you have some problem we'll know what you have. Of Course being a Marathon it's doubtful you'll have any problems.

Jamie Bradford
03-25-2012, 08:32 AM
Welcome Neighbor,

I live around the corner in Astatula - right off of 48. Welcome to the Prevost Owners Group. You will find a great bunch of people here willing to assist you in any way. It is also a fun place to communicate with fellow bus owners about almost anything.

If you have any questions about the site or if I can help you in any way please feel free to contact me at 352-552-4812.

Glad to have you on board!!!

Jamie

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-25-2012, 09:20 AM
Just purchased my second Prevost after an absence from large coaches for several years. I spend part of the year in Maine (Alfred) and most of the year in Mount Dora, FL. I had the good fortune of buying a one owner, very low miles 02 Marathon H3 45 (non slide) from the original owner. It has been serviced since birth at Marathon in San Antonio. I had looked at a number of Libertys and Marathons (as well as others) prior to this purchase and this just seemed to be the best fit for me. My last coach was an XL so I'll be interested to see what the real road difference is between the H.

While I won't have much of a problem getting service in Florida, I would appreciate and welcome any information about other Marathon owners and techs familiar with Marathon for when I am up North.

I was thrilled to find out that the webmaster for POG is a Mainer also and knows people that I know.

Thanks too all who post interesting and useful stuff on these forums. If I have something I feel will be of value to others, I'll post it.

Welcome jim b from JIM C.

JIM :)

treedoc
03-25-2012, 09:42 AM
jimb Welcome to POG We live in Maine, Bangor area. Got home yesterday from Florida. We have been to Mt Dora art festival a number of times and love it! Rick

jimb
03-26-2012, 08:46 AM
thanks for all the great welcome notes. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions and might even be able to contribute something worthwhile from time to time. My coach is at Marathon now getting a few upgrades and when I get it back, I'll post some pictures and basics. I'll be in Maine May til September. Looking forward to meeting up with other Prevost owners in New England during the summer.