PDA

View Full Version : It Finally Happened

grantracy
03-12-2012, 09:28 AM
After reading numerous posts about the leans...just came home from a trip and shut the bus down and it started leaning to the right. I am able to manually raise it and it seems to hold when its running but not with the key off. I am sure there are numerous threads that discuss this but being the lazy guy I am was hoping for a quick answer.

garyde
03-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Hi Granvil. The short answer is to check for air leaks at your air bags. 2nd, is to check for air leaks at your norgren valves, one in front up between your
front headwall and the 2nd one at your drive axle wall.
Also, exercise your manual up and down switches to see if that will correct the leak, that may help if the norgren valve is stuck.

If your bags and valves are over 10 years old, its probably time to replace them.

grantracy
03-13-2012, 07:48 AM
Bags are relatively new, when you say front headwall do you mean in the tire well? You don't happen to have a pic of a norgren valve so I know what I'm looking for do you?

JIM KELLER
03-13-2012, 08:00 AM
Granville, Open the compartment under the drivers area and see if one of those Norgren valves are stuck. Just inside the opening with red on them.

JIM KELLER
03-13-2012, 08:29 AM
I just remembered the site Mango Mike set up a long time ago. Go to prevoman.com. Under level low manifold valve there is a picture of the valves. Hope this helps.

grantracy
03-13-2012, 08:54 AM
Thanks it will,spoke to Jdub last night

merle&louise
04-14-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm not sure if this is the best place for this discussion, but here goes.

While looking for air leaks we found a leak in one of the most unusual places. There is a s.s. braided hose from the air compressor on the S60 to my spin on air filter housing. The leak is not at either end of the braided hose; it's in the middle of the hose.

We sprayed it with soapy water and it bubbled like a blue crab! The bubbles were huge! As soon as I can find a replacement hose we will change it out.

I never expected to find an air leak in the middle of an air hose.

dmatz
04-15-2012, 08:18 AM
This may help. From a prior post.

" If you go to the "Articles" section of the POG website and select "How Does the Prevost Suspension System Work?", you will be able to review the seminar that was presented throughout the month of January. Go to the bottom of the introductory article and select the link at the bottom of the page. The link will direct you to the recording. Webex, the system used for storing the recording, will ask permission to download the viewer software. The presentation includes audio and video.

It's that simple!

Hector"

Orren Zook
04-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Tuga,

That line is a Stainless Steel/teflon compressor discharge line designed to handle the high temperatures generated by compressed air with minimal maintenance. Most Heavy Duty (Aeroquip, Gates, Parker etc) Hose Distributors should be able to build an exact replacement for your hose for your application.

merle&louise
04-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Doug & Orren,

Thanks for the response. We have an Aeroquip distributor here in my home town. I need to buy a 1 1/4" open end wrench to remove the hose and then I will have a new one made up.

Appreciate the help guys, thanks!

rahangman
04-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Tuga...crescent wrenches come in 1 1/4" ....hmmmm;)

dreamchasers
04-15-2012, 09:32 PM
After reading numerous posts about the leans...just came home from a trip and shut the bus down and it started leaning to the right. I am able to manually raise it and it seems to hold when its running but not with the key off. I am sure there are numerous threads that discuss this but being the lazy guy I am was hoping for a quick answer.

Granvil,

In your model XL, if you are experiencing the leans, it is highly probable that you have a leak in one of the components in the right rear of the coach. Remember, when you turn your key off, you block suspension air in with the 5 port solenoid mounted on the rear bulkhead in front of the differential. It has been my experience that most of my leaks have occurred in fittings, not air bags or solenoids. Good advice has been given to soap all components in the right rear. By using the soapy water process to find leaks, you can find 90% of your leaks.

Remember, do not crawl under you bus unless you have supported the bus on jack stands or other type of safety supports. If your bus were to drop while you were under it, the chances of not being injured is slim.

I have learned much about the Prevost suspension system, not by choice, because I had very bad luck with suspension repairs using Prevost Fort Worth service center. The upside of this experience is I now have a very good working knowledge of the suspension system and am able to manage my leak issues.

As mentioned in an earlier post, checkout the suspension presentation I have posted. It is very informative.

Good Luck.

Hector

merle&louise
04-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Tuga...crescent wrenches come in 1 1/4" ....hmmmm;)

Rodger,

We tried fitting a crescent wrench on the nut and it was too big for the space surrounding the nut. Maybe a smaller crescent wrench would work better. We'll see!

jack14r
04-16-2012, 02:45 PM
It sounds like you need a #12 AN fitting wrench.

grantracy
04-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Granvil,

In your model XL, if you are experiencing the leans, it is highly probable that you have a leak in one of the components in the right rear of the coach. Remember, when you turn your key off, you block suspension air in with the 5 port solenoid mounted on the rear bulkhead in front of the differential. It has been my experience that most of my leaks have occurred in fittings, not air bags or solenoids. Good advice has been given to soap all components in the right rear. By using the soapy water process to find leaks, you can find 90% of your leaks.

Remember, do not crawl under you bus unless you have supported the bus on jack stands or other type of safety supports. If your bus were to drop while you were under it, the chances of not being injured is slim.

I have learned much about the Prevost suspension system, not by choice, because I had very bad luck with suspension repairs using Prevost Fort Worth service center. The upside of this experience is I now have a very good working knowledge of the suspension system and am able to manage my leak issues.

As mentioned in an earlier post, checkout the suspension presentation I have posted. It is very informative.

Good Luck.

Hector
thanks,it turned out to be the three way valve in the rear

Pete
04-16-2012, 06:33 PM
Now I have several friends to call on when my coach gets the "Leans", 1 in Florida, 1 in Louisiana, and 1 in Texas. Is this a great web site or not!

Ronald Hiemann
08-24-2012, 05:53 PM
Ran the engine twice during the past 7-8 days. Also moved the slides out twice during the same period. Re-leveled, afterwards. Within a day, I noticed the coach is leaning to the right. Any recommendations for a service place located North of Boston, in NH, in Southern Maine, or near Portland, etc., where this could be taken care of? Of course, this has to happen just a week before we leave for Toronto and then Lake Superior. ... :-(
Cheers,
Ronald

dmatz
08-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Ron

Is your aux air compressor working? Just a thought