PDA

View Full Version : Maiden Voyage

jello_jeep
11-29-2006, 01:03 PM
Woo Hoo!!:D

I get to pick up my bus from Mira Loma today, and Friday we are running to to Lake Havasu City where it will live while I build it a home (garage). But we acutally get to be in it for the weekend!!

We are going to go back for a week at Christmas too, gets me out of the house, and away from the fruits & nuts (relatives).

Looking forward to getting to enjoy it a bit, after all this work! heheheh...

Later

truk4u
11-29-2006, 03:21 PM
Good for you Jeep, have fun and enjoy. We will be standing by for your questions after you get some wheel and sleepy time, I know I sure had lots of them.;)

Joe Cannarozzi
11-29-2006, 06:59 PM
I remember our first ride. We lovingly refer to the trip as SEA TRIALS;)

Put it on I-65 South and took it down to the Gulf.
Didnt have much more than a clue of most systems, HAD A BLAST. Found a place near Pensicola Fla., Cedar Lake campground. 17 bucks a night! Debbie wanted to site-see I wanted to nothing but explore the bus[I lost]:rolleyes:

Im not sure which I enjoy more Driving, Camping or working on it.

Enjoy, keep us posted.

jello_jeep
11-29-2006, 10:07 PM
Thanks Truck & Joe... I am really looking forward to running a few miles in the bus.

I didn't get it back today though, they didn't get it done. FWIW here is what they found.

One air check valve on the right side not functioning right-leaking.. fixed
Oil return line from alternator leaking... fixed
Two axle seals leaking.. fixed..
One set brake pads, they say were saturated (from the leak) ... replaced
Three coolant lines replaced.
Wipers replaced
1 washer pump replaced
Heater control valve in dash replaced
And... I run my fuel down to 1/4 tank, and it only takes 85 gallons of fuel to fill it.. so hoping to get it adjusted to be accurate.. I like to know whats up.

So that is all they found wrong with it.. So Good deal.. and they will have it done in the morning, then the guy is coming to the house to wash it,, then Fri morning.. I am outta here!!! (hope I am not jinxing myself here) LOL..:rolleyes: