PDA

View Full Version : PREVOST PRICEING GUIDE

Gary Carmichael
02-22-2012, 08:08 AM
How do you get to this page and has it been updated lately?

Gary Carmichael
02-22-2012, 05:12 PM
Any one read this thread/

Pete
02-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Gary, I read it, and don't know about the pricing guide. Frankly, I don't know if it was ever developed because I don't remember ever seeing it. (But I'm old).

jack14r
02-23-2012, 06:25 AM
It was fairly accurate 4 years ago but I haven't seen it in a few years.

Gary Carmichael
02-23-2012, 08:05 AM
Thanks, I hope some one can update it, reflecting todays market prices, then again maybe they might want to hold off till prices come back a little and I think they will, just do not know when.

merle&louise
02-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Gary,

I think that eBay can be a pretty good indicator of market value. Only a small percentage of coaches actually sell on eBay, but occasionally one does; that is a good indicator of market value.

Reagan Sirmons
02-23-2012, 05:24 PM
Tuga, I am not certain that an ebay estimate of value is a good indicator. When you think about it, I believe everything is working against a valid price. Fort example, the seller is accepting a less sophisticated process of selling the vehicle which is questionable at best and the buyer may not know the vehicle being sold and therefore can not bid a true value. I would rather look at Phil Cooper or the POG-stuff sites for asking prices and take a discounted value off of them. These vehicles have so many variations in quality, accessories, service support and model years versus the sale year, etc., that I do not see any type of list being very reliable or of benefit.
What do you think?
Pres

pwf252
02-23-2012, 07:39 PM
I have to agree with Reagon, when I was looking for a bus I looked at the Prevost Pricing Guide on this site and found it of little help. I assumed they were old prices that hadn't been updated. And E-bay though interesting to look at seemed like a real crap shoot. In the end alot of due diligence gave me enough of an education to be pretty confident of the value of the buses I was inspecting and of the one I ultimately purchased. For me though the hunt was half the fun!!!! The other half of course is tooling around the country in one of these bad boys!!!.

merle&louise
02-23-2012, 09:34 PM
I agree that eBay is a crap shoot, but it CAN be very informative.

Fair market value is simply related directly to market prices. If a broker sells 3 similar 1995 Prevosts converted by Marathon within a 6 month period and the prices range from $125K to $150K then the FMV of a 1995 Marathon is $ 137K IMO.

If the broker will not discuss how much he sold the 3 Marathons for you need to find another source when looking for FMV. I suggest eBay not as the best way to determine value but simply as one way!

About 6 months ago I saw a beautiful 1999 Marathon on eBay with a Buy it Now price of $179K. Nobody bid. The next week the seller dropped the price to $169K. Nobody bid. The next week the seller dropped the price to $159K - it sold! This is what I mean about using eBay to determine FMV. If you follow a coach like this 99 Marathon you can see what the market is willing to pay for it. IMO this is an excellent way to determine FMV in today's market place.

Markets change daily, trying to have a list of prices that will last a year or more is inaccurate IMO.