PDA

View Full Version : Bob Lee gives up on Country Coach??

Sting
11-28-2006, 10:45 AM
Here is an interesting tidbit just released. Dont know if it is true but this is interesting. At one time Bob Lee was trying to buy Country Coach back. Has he given up? If so, where does Country Coach go from here? Just thought this was interesting and wanted to share it. http://www.rvtradedigest.com/online/article.jsp?id=1301&siteSection=1 ("http://www.rvtradedigest.com/online/article.jsp?id=1301&siteSection=1")

matsprt
11-28-2006, 11:08 AM
Todd,

Interesting article. However one wonders how good the info is when certain statements are not accurate. Bob Lee founded CC, not NRV. Bob Lee had nothing to do with the founding of NRV.

There is a ton of "stuff" going on around Bob Lee, CC, and NRV. It is great entertainment reading, discussing and thinking about all the different scenarios.

Michael

lewpopp
11-29-2006, 12:07 AM
Hey Sting

I think that Bob Lee had the "bar-hammerlock-come-a-long hold" put on him for too long. You know what that move could be.

Lew

garyde
11-29-2006, 12:11 AM
Bob Lee resigned from the Board of NRV last Month. So what is Western Recreation Company? I thought Bob Lee was retired from day to day operations at CC. So, this begs the question, Why?

matsprt
11-29-2006, 12:35 AM
Bob Lee resigned from the Board of NRV last Month. So what is Western Recreation Company? I thought Bob Lee was retired from day to day operations at CC. So, this begs the question, Why?
Gary,

Some speculation here:

Bob Lee has an emotional attachment to CC that even as he ages he can not let go. I think he is sickened at the hack job NRV is doing to CC. It seems that there is large amounts of pressure being applied to CC to expand the product line downward to increase sales / profits and save NRV. One suspects that NRV sees CC as a lifeboat, wanting to use CC's reputation for quality and service to it's advantage. Smart business for NRV but will ultimately ruin CC I suspect.
The Western Recreation Company makes several brands (Alpenlite 5'ers, Alpenlite truck campers and Ramp Trailers) but in the class A section it's called Alpine Coaches. Again it might be a planned move toward something else. We'll all have to wait and watch.

Michael

Jon Wehrenberg
11-29-2006, 07:47 AM
"One suspects that NRV sees CC as a lifeboat, wanting to use CC's reputation for quality and service to it's advantage."

With all due respect Michael, among the converters it is our opinion that CC treats its customers like dirt. From our very first FMCA convention in 1991 in San Antonio where we watched the owner of a brand new CC Prevost with a failed generator get ignored,to a Prevost Proud rally in South Bend IN where a new CC owner got asked to leave because he was so incensed because CC would not address some issues with his new CC Prevost conversion to where our own Ray Davis was told it would take six months for him to get in for service they have a reputation for quality and service and it ain't good.

truk4u
11-29-2006, 09:42 AM
As a previous CC owner, an 02 and 04 plastic, one out of warranty the other in warranty, I was treated well by the owner services in Oregon. Getting anything done by an authorized dealer was a freekin joke! I just didn't do it, they were kind enough to send the parts and I did most of my own repairs. They also sent me parts when out of warranty at no charge. As an example, Krapco Mirrors, they sent the entire assemblies (arms and all) at no charge. At the Ralles, labor was free, you just paid for the parts.

I just had to much trouble with the coaches and learned quick that I just didn't fit the plastic mold, (sticks, staples and glue) and CC is top of the plastic line in my opinion. I can't imagine the problems of owning the SOB's.

I think where they screwed up, is not having the attention to customer service and detail when it comes to the Prevost conversions. You have to take better care of the guy who spends 1.5 million as opposed to the plastic coach at 200K. Sorry, it's not fair, but that's just the way it is and I have been that guy with plastic.:(

I like the CC Prevosts and hope the Poggers can get whatever support they need. If you get discouraged, you can always go Marathon!:D

matsprt
11-29-2006, 10:15 AM
Jon,

I think Tom has pretty well hit it on the head. There is a clearly identified division between CC plastic and CC Prevost. I happen to love the CC interiors on the Prevosts. I do not like what I hear about CC Prevost support.

With that said, it is as Tom pointed out a completely different world in their plastic "division". I currently have a plastic CC. Unlike Tom I have had a relatively trouble free experience. I also have had great out of warranty parts support.

My post was more to the plastic side. I do not think the conversion sales are a significant part of their gross sales. I think their focus is on the plastic side. Where I suspect they make a good portion of their money.

Michael

Jon Wehrenberg
11-29-2006, 01:01 PM
Michael,

You are probably correct. My viewpoint is from what we saw and heard from CC Prevost owners only over the years. I personally loved their walnut interiors from the early 90s and thought they were absolutely elegant, but could never get past the way Prevost owners appreared to be treated, and that was when the Lee brothers were owners.

garyde
11-29-2006, 10:43 PM
This last year CC has acted to remedy their Conversion Service issues by moving the Conversion buisiness away from Country Coach to another location. The outcome remains to be seen. I know in the past you had to get in line with all the other CC brands for service and repair.