PDA

View Full Version : So...? ... Would you buy this one?

Ronald Hiemann
02-12-2012, 08:36 PM
I found this listing on eBay... Item No. 270908365578 - A 2004 Prevost with front end damage for "only" $94,000 - Deal?

AmeriStar
02-12-2012, 09:14 PM
The bus is damaged in an area that could create many electrical problems. As we know, the exterior cabinet next to the driver houses many electrical controls and relays. Without a very extensive examination of the electrical system and its condition, I would be reluctant.
As for the body damage, I would estimate around 50k to R&R. Keep in mind, this is an entertainer coach and will not have many of the creature comforts of a RV, so the retail price will be much less to begin with.
I really don't think this can be listed as a "deal".

merle&louise
02-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Ronald,

To answer your question: I would NOT buy it because of the "Salvage" title. If it doesn't have a clear title, I would stay away from it. When you go to sell it the Salvage title will follow you.

BoaterAl
02-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Agree with Kevin as to the damage and the problems/concerns with that area. As seen they did cover up to protect bus. It will be sold and along with the salvage title,repaired and back on the road leased out again. Rare to see this on eBay as most salvage yards have client lists to buy bus wrecks. So I'am a little curious.
We would buy these damaged units if the price was right. Always a work in progress to fix stuff like this. My idea and feeling was when business was slow we had jobs to keep the employees working. The scary part was damage discovered hidden which changed everything. But just goes with the fact thats the business end of rebuilding wrecks.

Today that might not be the case.

Kevin, from the 4 only pictures it didn't appear the hit was not that extreme. With you on the $50 estimate. It's that shinny metal that cost the big dollars .

Pete
02-12-2012, 10:01 PM
That coach also has near 400,000 miles on it! I would not buy it at half the price listed. There are a TON of coaches out there with much lower miles (but older models) in great condition for abut the same price.

BoaterAl
02-12-2012, 10:33 PM
And a good point Pete...... just another reason why the bus is on eBay.

Ronald Hiemann
02-13-2012, 08:39 AM
Thanks for all the comments. I was just curious what the experts have to say about something like this.