PDA

View Full Version : Storage compartment lights 12V/24V?

JamesJ
11-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Just purchase a 90 Country Coach and doing a little maintenance and getting together spare parts.

While replacing a burned out 24V taillight it got me wondering about the lights in the storage compartments. Does anyone know if there are 12V or 24V lights? I have the light with the round glass housing if that helps any.

I also had a bad switch, here is the link to were I ordered a replacement.
http://www.newark.com/NewarkWebCommerce/newark/en_US/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp;?SKU=23F4097&CMP=AFC-TL10000001

dalej
11-27-2006, 07:07 PM
JamesJ, they are 12 in the bays. Its nice to add more light to these bays since one light is just not enough. Maybe Jon will show you his engine compartment.

Jon Wehrenberg
11-27-2006, 08:59 PM
JamesJ,

Perhaps the reason the site is all over the map and there is no organization or order to it is because our coaches are similar.

As a new owner I would suggest you check the voltage of all devices such as lights, motors, etc. because the shell is 24V, but generally the headlights are12. The tail and brake and marker lights on your vintage are likely 24. But I think you have some solenoids (relays) that have 12 V coils and identical looking relays that have 24 V coils. The DDEC and ATEC computers are likely 12V. Confused? If so, you're qualified to be in this group.

I think your converter stayed with 12V, but you still need to verify that.

It takes a while to get to know your coach and the voltage issue is just one of many confusing items you are likely to stumble across.

Whenever you do have a question do not hesitate to bring it up because the rate that this group is gathering and passing along knowledge about Prevost Coaches is tremendous. And mark your calendar for next April to attend the POG III rally in TX.