PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie

Robert
01-24-2012, 11:45 PM
Hello all,
My name is Robert Mohr. I have been a member for only a short while and will hopefully be in the hunt soon. I have over the years, like many folks moved from camper to 5th wheel to class C to class A pusher and am wondering why I didn't skip a step or two - and go right to a bus? I have gained much knowledge from the good people on this site and have read many of your posts. I regret that I could not make the rally here in Austin this past year due to work travel with hopes of posibly meeting a few of you members as well as learning more about the Prevost experience. As a newbie, I really appreciate the information and guidance offered by you on this site. I would love to take a gander at any of your awesome machines that might call the Austin, Tx area home.

Regards,
Robert

Gary Carmichael
01-25-2012, 06:02 AM
Robert welcome!, Great bunch of folks here and a lot of good info.

phorner
01-25-2012, 08:50 AM
Robert,

Welcome to POG!! You will find a wealth of information at this website and among the members.

I wish we had "skipped a step or two" and moved directly into a bus years ago. The experience of traveling this wonderful country in a real, classic bus cannot be matched.

Enjoy your membership and take full advantage of the collective knowledge the membership here has to offer....

Robert
01-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Will do Paul...and by the way...that is a beautiful Liberty!!

phorner
01-25-2012, 09:07 AM
Thanks, Robert!

We've spent many, many wonderful miles in the great State of Texas..... then again, it's a a LOT of miles no matter where you go in Texas!

GDeen
01-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Hey Robert and Karen,

Welcome to the group. I am actually here in Austin so let me know if I may be of any help in your search. I initially joined POG in 2007, and we bought a bus in spring 2009. Great resource here as you are already learning.

aggies09
01-25-2012, 10:01 PM
Welcome Robert and Karen,

You can never have too many Texans. Glad to have you aboard. Regardless of what other people say, Gordon and especially his wonderful wife are a great resource for you locally. If you are ever through our part of the world we would gladly welcome you to overnite here and get a chance to know you a little better. Great group of people here and some true bus nuts. Let us know what you settle on...............

garyde
01-25-2012, 11:38 PM
Hi Robert and welcome to POG. Take advantage of any mini rally's out your way to see and tour a dozen or more coaches in one visit. Also, don't forget about the Las Vegas POG Rally in October .

Reagan Sirmons
01-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Robert,
Welcome to POG.
Betty and I are in Austin at least ten to twelve times a year generally with our coach and / or on University meeting business and would enjoy getting with you.
If you care to do so, provide your email and I will advise you of our next visit.
Pres

Robert
01-26-2012, 12:59 PM
Gordon,

Thank you for the kind offer. I travel an awful lot with work, but would be very excited to take a look at your bus and perhaps annoy you with questions sometime. I have a lot to learn and have plenty of time before making a purchase. I'm in south Austin out near the Salt Lick and have a flexible schedule when I'm at home. Perhaps, when it's convenient I could introduce myself?

Robert
01-26-2012, 01:02 PM
Pres,

Absolutely - give me a shout. I travel a lot with work, but would like to get together when in town.

Robertmohr@Austin.rr.com

Seabyrd
01-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Robert & Karen,
Welcome to POG.... Hopefully you will find your dream coach before too long... we too like many others went through the different stages of RVing before getting into a Prevost, best decision we ever made just a shame it took so long !!
We are in East Texas, if you are ever in our area please let us know, we'd love to meet you both.
Larry & Diane

GDeen
01-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Robert,

Absolutely. Just give me a call anytime and we will see what we may work out. I travel frequently as well. My bus barn is off RR 12 north of Dripping Springs, so it isn't too far from your place.

Cell 512-940-9879

Will Garner
01-29-2012, 09:17 AM
Robert,

First, welcome to POG.

Second, the answer to your question is that you must have started young. Carole and I got started old, never having camped in anything. We looked up and down all classes of campers and decided we did not have enough time left on our clocks to do all that class climbing. Not to mention old muscles don't take kindly to getting up from the ground or any other prone position for that matter. So we decided it was best for us to just jump right into a bus from the get go. That was back in 2006 and we have not looked back - we don't want to know what might be catching up to us!

Have fun, post often, and most importantly run that bus on down the road like it was built for it because it was!

Robert
01-29-2012, 10:28 AM
Gordon,
What a pleasure it was meeting you in person. Thank you for taking the time to educate me and for allowing me to tour you beautiful coach. Awesome machine! I can see why you enjoy it so much. Hopefully, in the next year or 2 we can share a cocktail while celebrating my new bus. Thanks again.

GDeen
01-30-2012, 08:30 AM
Robert,

Enjoyed the visit and happy to help in any way. You are approaching this in the correct manner so enjoy the hunt.