PDA

View Full Version : newbie here

Ted Clegg
01-20-2012, 02:39 PM
been looking at Prevost for 1 1/2 years, finally made the jump for a 1995 Royal, planning a bunch of small trips to get use to everything, the 1st planned trip will be to Strugis can anyone advise which sites are good, looking for something fun but not to loud any suggestions, thanks

Seabyrd
01-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Welcome to POG, you will love this sight, so much info on here... sorry I can't help with Sturgis but be patient as someone will let you know before long.
Again Welcome Aboard !!!

Alek&Lucia
01-20-2012, 05:05 PM
Welcome another Royale !

Jamie Bradford
01-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Hi Ted,

Welcome aboard.

This is a great place to get info and a great group of people.

We are having an informal get together in Orange Beach, Alabama - St. Patrick's Day weekend - March 15-18.

If you would like to join us we would Love to have you. Sign up is on the Thread " Heritage "

If this one does not work out there will be others ....... Welcome.

Jamie

garyde
01-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Welcome to POG Ted. I have only stayed at Elkhorn Ridge RV Resort in Spearfish. It is relatively new, large pull thru sites, 50 amp service, with all of the emnities you would expect. It is surrounded by open fields. Close to Sturgis.
Its quiet except for Motorcycle week in the summer.

Post some photo's of you coach when you get a chance.

Don
01-20-2012, 11:14 PM
We have been going to Spearfish campground 404 South Canyon Street Spearfish, SD 57783
(605-642-1314) http://www.spearfishparksandrec.com/campground/index.html for numerous years.
Years ago I camped in a tent, (not Jon way of living) and the campground was full but due to the economy, limited spaces have become available. When I first applied for a motorhome site I was told it would probably be 10 years before I could get into a site. The economy went south and the next year I had it locked in. I have used the motorhome site now for several years. Some years with the tent and others with one of the motorhome’s, tentative plans this year 2012 we will be in the Prevost motorhome then on to POG 11 rally.

In 2011 we investigated Elkhorn Ridge RV Park
20189 US Highway 85, Spearfish, SD 57783
(605) 722-1800 http://www.elkhornridgervresort.com/ nice but no shade and more $$$