PDA

View Full Version : Crestron

JamesW
01-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Did you know that uii-gui offers remote diagnostics of your Crestron system? We can connect to your system over the internet, update custom graphics, even upload modified programs. This means that if you switch from Dish Network to DirecTV, you'll need the Crestron updated to work the new DSS. uii-gui can do it from the comfort of our office. No more travel! Ask uii-gui how we can do this for you too. James-

Gary Carmichael
01-08-2012, 07:16 PM
James, I need a Crestron checkup can you do this on my 2005 Liberty The Crestron was updated in 2008. Each time I remove remote from its cradle I have to reboot Gary

JamesW
01-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Hello Gary and Megan,
Yes, I would love to help in any way I can. Shoot me an e-mail with your info and I will contact you and see about getting this resolved.

james.wilson@uii-gui.com

Thanks-
James

BoaterAl
01-08-2012, 10:17 PM
James, If I replace the TV in the bedroom with a larger and different brand, how would Crestron programming be handled ?

Thanks
AL

johnbrowder
01-08-2012, 10:28 PM
My experience with Liberty is that the A-B system is password protected, and Liberty will NOT share the Crestron file. This file cannot be downloaded by a subsequent Crestron contractor. This is a mixed blessing. It forces us to go to Liberty for Crestron modification, but it does allow Liberty to keep their high level of reliability. I just works...

JamesW
01-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Morning Al,
To answer your question, your Crestron system will need to have a revision in it's programming to accommodate a different brand of TV. I have a whole new program that runs much more streamlined than the original program. I know that your manufacturer does not give out their original source program, even tho you have spent a fortune on your coach, they hold on to the program as intellectual property. No worries, as I have created a brand new program that I offer to my customers. I do not hold the program "hostage" as some manufacturers do. (such as what Mr. Browder mentions below).
No doubt, you have a quality, reliable Crestron system. Inevitably, things need updated or changed. TV's wear out or break and need replacing. Satellite systems need updating, or DVD players changed out for BluRay's. What I have developed is a system of allowing you to have these changes made, without having to go into a service location.
What I would like all POG members to be aware of, is the fact that they do have options. Without question, there are great systems and manufacturers out there, however most of these manufacturers want you to come to them for work or updates. This thread was created simply to inform POG members that they do have options. Not all manufacturers offer the full capabilities or features that Crestron offers. Uii-Gui has expertise in the luxury transportation industry, so we "talk your language" and fully understand what you need.

James-