PDA

View Full Version : Windshield washer pump

treedoc
01-08-2012, 07:18 AM
I have no power to washer pump. When I push the button to operate I hear a clicking noise and the lower set of runnings comes on each time I push the button. Could the blinker assembly be shorting out and need replacing? Rick

Jon Wehrenberg
01-08-2012, 07:41 AM
I've never had the turn signal stalk apart, but with the multi-function set up (courtesy light blink, wiper, turn signal, and washer) there is a lot going on in there so there could be an internal problem. But are you sure you are pushing the right button? On the stalk there is a button on the end to flash the parking lights and that clicking is likely a relay in the electric box beneath the window. The windshield washer actuator is actually the inner ring and that needs to be pushed to initiate the washer function. The inner ring is like a shoulder you would push and not a button on the end of the stalk.

treedoc
01-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Problem solved!! Thank you Jon

BoaterAl
01-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Holy Crap......It appears that there has been a correct answer posted. Rumors are always floating around about this happening.

Congratulations, Jon

Jon Wehrenberg
01-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Now can I have Maddie??????

Gary Stevens won't give me his pups.

BoaterAl
01-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Maddie, is high maintenance and as her parents we should probably have a financial statement.

ELucast
12-07-2020, 07:38 PM
LOL, Thank You Jon

Fratto
12-08-2020, 10:41 AM
Thank you! Fixing my pump was on my long list of unresolved items. Cant wait to see if this works.