PDA

View Full Version : Heritage Get Together March 15-18 2012

Jamie Bradford
01-05-2012, 04:04 PM
THIS RALLY IS NOW FULL. PLEASE CONTACT JAMIE TO GET ON A WAITING LIST.

We have scheduled a Get Together at Heritage Motorcoach & Marina in Orange Beach , Alabama for March 15-18 , 2012.

This place is Absolutely Gorgeous !!

This will be an ALL INCLUSIVE event - including RV Lot rental - Dinner Thursday Friday & Saturday - and wine & beer & soft drinks every evening.

No Cooking - No Cleaning - No Covered Dish ( no refrigerator to clean out)

Evening Dinners will be catered.

Here is a tentative schedule:

Thursday 3-15 Cookout & Beverages

Friday 3-16 Seafood Extravaganza & Beverages

Saturday 3-17 St. Patrick's Day Party -- Food & Open Bar

This is going to be a FANTASTIC & FUN WEEKEND PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND!!!!!!

Jamie[/SIZE]

Jim Skiff
01-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Jamie,

I would be glad to sponsor a lunch in there too. I have heard great things about Heritage from Dave Wall at Liberty and others.

Jim

GregS
01-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Loverly...Hehee

Count me in... I will be on my lot #45... My girfriend will be in the Bahamas (Rats) so let me know my fee part as I already have a space so to speak... I look so very foward to meeting you all...

truk4u
01-05-2012, 08:18 PM
You're now having back to back mini rallies? There goes your oyster attendance Michael.

Seabyrd
01-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Way to go... signed up & just paid through Paypal !!

Jim Skiff
01-06-2012, 09:22 AM
Hopefully we can merge these at Heritage. If not Michael i wiould be glad to sponsor a lunch at Oysterfest as well.

Jim

Seabyrd
01-06-2012, 11:59 AM
We should be able to Jim as everyone that signed up originally was happy with the 15th-18th. I believe.

Sure hope so... such a nice group of Poggers !!!

A treat for the ladies too... NOTHING to do but show up !!

Diane

Hopefully we can merge these at Heritage. If not Michael i wiould be glad to sponsor a lunch at Oysterfest as well.

Jim

Pete
01-06-2012, 12:34 PM
That's GREAT! Lets rain on each other's parade!

JIM KELLER
01-06-2012, 02:00 PM
That's GREAT! Lets rain on each other's parade!

Pete, Thanks for stepping up and saying something. I was wondering if I was the only one that was underwhelmed.

michaeldterry
01-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Jamie Bradford and I have agreed to combine Oysterfest 2012 and the Heritage Get Together events at Heritage, March 15-18, 2012. The rally will now be coordinated by and under the direction of Jamie Bradford and will surely be a premier event not to be missed!

For those who signed up for Oysterfest 2012 at Bella Terra for either of the dates, please accept mt sincere apologies for the miscues on dates and venue!

As I said before, "this rally stuff ain't for sissies!" :p

Watch for further communications from Jamie regarding sign-up and reservation instructions, as well as information on planned events.

Reagan Sirmons
01-06-2012, 05:24 PM
I, too, wonder what is going on. We had a great outing last year and now it is being set up for this year. I do believe an explanation is in order. Jamie, did you not know of last year's successes and the plans for this year?
Skiff, I know you must have some input for this. I understand this is your site and your business model as well as an income stream but this is the way to blast it away with some hurt feelings. Were the plans made for the Oysterfest made without appropriate protocol from your view?
I view this as serious based on previous emails I have observed of the last few weeks. Let's get in front of this now and avoid issues... we have too great a group for this...
Respectfully submitted,
Pres

Reagan Sirmons
01-06-2012, 05:26 PM
I withdraw my comments and applaud the decision.
Way to go guys. WEll done.
Pres

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
01-06-2012, 08:21 PM
My My My!
I just have to vent here just because! What now has become a major event known as Oysterfest seems to be great for POGers. Michael & Vita did a fantastic job last year and I surely wouldn't have done the huge job they committed to.
Just want to let it be known how some of this event truly got started several years ago.
A small group of us got together for a couple of years at Shady Acres Campground in Mobile, AL. If you have ever seen this privately owned "trailer park" you would know that it is VERY laid back and gives you the "no worry feeling in the world" while there. We all pulled in to wherever there was room for us. No organization, get up when you desire, sit around, EAT, sit, EAT, sit, EAT, sit, then to bed when you desire. The place of choice to eat was Wintzell's downtown Mobile. Miss Pinky was our waitress every year. She is still working there today and remembers our crazy group! Especially Roger's tips! If I remember correctly, the attendees were Jon/Di, Truk/Nancy,Roger/Micki, Dan/Jo, Dale/Paulette, Eric/Debie/Jay, Karen/Jim, Lucia/Alek, Paul/Janice, Donald/Bonnnie, Jamie/Debbie, Ed/Cindy, JDub/Rae/kids and Ed/I,myself. At least these were the attendees at intervals over the first 2 years of this event.
Word just spread that a POGer was going there and you just showed up! No PLANS. We all had a blast and had great fellowship for approx.4 days. Honestly, we did nothing. Just sit & eat.
This is what POG is all about. Travel, meet & greet, make great friends and make what you want out of it!! I think it is great that all want to get together and have fun regardless of who attends. There will always be a time and place for someone to meet and enjoy the good ole life!
OK....now I have vented. Just had to say how "Oysterfest" first started. And Jon, the oysters are high priced now, but remember, they are half price during Happy Hour times. Miss Pinky sends her regards also. A few of us were just there recently. Charlie, owner of Shady Acres, sends his regards to all, also!
Now you have the beginning of the story......
Sandy

Oops, this should have gone under the thread of Oysterfest! Oh well....it is what it is!

Danss
01-07-2012, 08:46 AM
Great post! We would have a good time if we met in a rest area!!

Jamie Bradford
01-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Hi Gang

I feel that I need to shed some light on the Heritage Get Together that I posted earlier this week.

I had originally planned to attend the Bella Terra Event when it was scheduled for March 15-18. I had also invited several people who are not currently POG members to attend and hopefully become POG members. When the dates were changed I saw that several people who had signed up for March 15 were unable to go to the event if it were going to be held on March 8. Also , some of the people who are not on the POG website informed me that they , too , would be unable to go March 8. Additionally , there was interest by both current POG members and others to visit Heritage Motorcoach Resort.

My intentions were not to disrupt the Bella Terra Event but rather to offer an alternative to people who had already stated that they could not attend the Bella Terra Event. If I upset anyone by trying to put together something that I felt some people would be interested in I am sorry.

I clearly stated on the Oysterfest Thread that I was starting a new thread for the alternative event which would be held at a different time. Again , this was for the express benefit of those who already said they could not attend the Bella Terra event.

Thanks

Jamie

BoaterAl
01-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Just finished signing up via Pay Pal. Looking forward to the event

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
01-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Certainly no offense taken here, Jaime. I just wanted to let it be known that sometimes smaller groups can be more fun!
We can't attend either so it didn't matter to us.
So, enjoy life now while we can still smile with friends.
Sandy

Jon Wehrenberg
01-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Actually the first oysterfest (if my brain still functions) was Roger Foster and Micki, Bob Boies and Debi, and Di and me. It came about because we were heading to Kerrville for the first rally there and were looking for a stopping spot with benefits. The benefits turned out to be Miss Pinky whose phrases and comments were the evening's entertainment. I believe she called Roger John Wayne. (Go figure)

We landed at Shady Acres and were warmly met by Charlie who steered us towards Wintzels. As they say the rest was history. Each following year it attracted more POG members and our reward besides cheap $3.00 a dozen oysters was a relaxing few days in which did absolutely nothing constructive to a schedule that did not exist. From modest beginnings a small tradition has started.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
01-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Thanks Jon. Now we know the rest of the beginning story! Time flies when having fun!
Sandy

Bill1170
01-08-2012, 11:15 AM
I have just now gotten back on the POG site and am confused, are there two events planned on different weekends or not? Please more info.
Bill

bonhall41
01-08-2012, 10:59 PM
When two or more POG buses get together, there will be food and fun. It doesn't even have to have a name.

M#1003
01-08-2012, 11:13 PM
I'm with Bill1170. Haven't been on the site for a week - Is Bella Tera now off and the meet is at Heratige, March 15-18?

M#1003
01-09-2012, 12:01 AM
I'm with Bill1170. Haven't been on the site for a week - Is Bella Tera now off and the meet is at Heratige, March 15-18?

Ok, I figured it out. Just paid via PayPal..... We'll see you at Heritage.

BoaterAl
01-09-2012, 06:46 AM
FWIW...we are going to Bella Terra on or about the 8th prior to Heratige. I was thinking this would be a chance to explore the local Diners, Drive Ins and Dives.

Jon Wehrenberg
01-09-2012, 09:06 AM
I'm in at Heritage.

treedoc
01-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Just paid, count us in, one coach 4 adults. Rick

Jamie Bradford
01-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Hi Gang,

This is who is in thus far :

Jamie & Debbie Bradford
Larry & Diane Byrd
John Klopp
Al Herman
Peg & Larry Garuti
Jon & Di Wherenberg
Bob Sutton
Yates Lansing
Donald Odham
Gary Stevens
Greg S
Rick and Denise McLain

Thanks

Jamie

Jamie Bradford
01-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Blarney.......

We would love a few more Leprechauns to join us at the end of the Rainbow...........

Please check your calendars.........

Jamie

Ronald Hiemann
01-18-2012, 08:17 PM
This sounds like a fun event. Count us in! Have paid via PayPal just now. Our coach Olivia is presently at CoachWorks in Clearwater. Ken Robertson convinced us it is THE best place for servicing a Prevost coach and meeting him at the Tampa show gave us the incentive to drop Olivia off for service. In any event, we will be spending 3 weeks in the keys and then we will prepare to head up North to meet fellow POG members for the first time.
Cheers,
Ronald

Seabyrd
01-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Welcome !! Can't wait to meet you and actually see that bus.. We've heard great things about it. You're right about Ken and CoachWorx too.
Larry and Diane.

This sounds like a fun event. Count us in! Have paid via PayPal just now. Our coach Olivia is presently at CoachWorks in Clearwater. Ken Robertson convinced us it is THE best place for servicing a Prevost coach and meeting him at the Tampa show gave us the incentive to drop Olivia off for service. In any event, we will be spending 3 weeks in the keys and then we will prepare to head up North to meet fellow POG members for the first time.
Cheers,
Ronald

Seabyrd
01-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Is anyone arranging an oyster feast as we had last year?? if so I will order about 2 dozen or more Last year was a real oyster feast.. First Class service and presentation

Terry are you the Master Feast Organizer?? Send me a PM with details or Post Here

Larry Byrd

Jamie Bradford
01-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Hi Larry,

We are in the process on coordinating the meals with Heritage. As we get closer and see what our actual numbers will be we then be able to finalize the details.

Thanks

Jamie

Jamie Bradford
01-27-2012, 05:07 PM
Hi Gang,

We only have 4 spaces left for the Heritage Get Together on March 15. If you are interested please let me know ASAP or click the PayPal link .

Thanks

Jamie

Here is the list as of today:

Jamie & Debbie Bradford
Larry & Diane Byrd
John Klopp
Al Herman
Peg & Larry Garuti
Jon & Di Wherenberg
Bob Sutton
Yates Lansing
Donald Odham
Gary Stevens
Greg Smith
Rick and Denise McLain
Garey Darcey
John Cowart
William Cleverdon
Ronald & Gabi Hiemann
Millennium Luxury Coaches

Ronald Hiemann
01-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Hi Jamie, you hurt Olivia's feelings ... :-) ... You took our money but we are not on your list, as per above. Watch out for the Banshee!
Cheers,
Ronald

Jamie Bradford
01-27-2012, 08:22 PM
I am so sorry...........

A major oversight..... You are there now.

Jamie

Seabyrd
01-27-2012, 11:18 PM
James and Jennifer Stallings from Nacogdoches, TX are coming too... they're having trouble accessing POG site today but want to come and asked me to please put their name down. Jennifer will contact you Monday, okay Jamie? Thanks.. Diane

[QUOTE=Jamie_Bradford;80538]Hi Gang,

We only have 4 spaces left for the Heritage Get Together on March 15. If you are interested please let me know ASAP or click the PayPal link .

Thanks

Jamie

Here is the list as of today:

Jamie & Debbie Bradford
Larry & Diane Byrd
John Klopp
Al Herman
Peg & Larry Garuti
Jon & Di Wherenberg
Bob Sutton
Yates Lansing
Donald Odham
Gary Stevens
Greg Smith
Rick and Denise McLain
Garey Darcey
John Cowart
William Cleverdon
Ronald & Gabi Hiemann

pwf252
01-29-2012, 05:58 PM
Jamie,
We've had a change in plans so Sherry and I will be attending. Just paid with C.C. thru your link. see you all there.

rmboies
01-30-2012, 09:08 AM
Jamie, Bob and I are coming but we cannot get the link to work? Jim, please advise, I have been trying to use the link you sent out in the email ?

Hope to see you all there!

Debi and Bob

Jamie Bradford
02-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Hi Gang,

We just had a spot open up for the Heritage Get Together

Please call me @ 352-552-4812 or email me @ Jbradford1205 if you would like to join us.

Thanks

Jamie

Yankee802
02-10-2012, 11:19 AM
My wife is active duty Navy, and we had to wait for her to get leave approved. Now that we have that, I went to make the reservations and discovered it full. That weekend is our wedding anniversary too. :(

I just talked to Jamie, and he'll put us on the waiting list. So if anyone is not going to make it, please let him know ASAP.

Jamie, please call me if something opens up. 904-535-6000

Thanks,
Geoff

GregS
02-15-2012, 12:08 PM
Jamie

Just a note to you to say that I dont think the folks at Heritage have sent out the invite for the POG deal to the owners as of yet since I havent gotten anything from them to that effect...You mite wanna touch base with them since the person who usually handles that is out due to surgery...Talk to Jim Howard the resort director...

See Ya'll soon...

Greg

PS... tried to send this to you in a PM but site said you had exceeded your alloted memory for PM's Mite wanna clear some space Jamie...

Seabyrd
02-15-2012, 04:55 PM
Jamie,
Do you have the final attendees list available yet? Would love to see it if it's available.
Thanks,
Larry & Diane

Ronald Hiemann
02-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Do we have an update yet? I read in an earlier post about oysters and ordering the same. I would like to order, if a preorder is required. Also, final attendee list?
Thanks & cheers,
Ronald

rahangman
02-18-2012, 11:47 PM
Ron...shouldn't be any problem on finding or getting as many Oysters as we want as this is the time of the year that they are at their prime, I see that this area got a pretty good shellacing in weather today. Lets hope that all is ok at Heritage.

Ronald Hiemann
02-19-2012, 11:45 AM
That is good to hear. Somewhere, someone told me that oysters are good for the sex life and I need all the help I can get.
:-)

Jamie Bradford
02-19-2012, 05:51 PM
We will have a final list in a week or so.......... There are several people who own at Heritage who are interested in joining the festivities.

We are also working on the vittles - Once we get a final head count we will be able to confirm with the caterers. I will keep everyone in the loop as things firm up.

Looks like this we will have a minimum of 60 people with perhaps more...........

Should be a Fun Weekend!!

Thanks

Jamie

Yankee802
02-23-2012, 06:47 AM
Still hoping there might be an opening, please don't forget us. :)

rahangman
02-23-2012, 11:31 AM
Since this time of year, the weather begets some rain almost anywhere while enroute to this location. Any thoughts about a bus washing venue close by being available and/or willing to do a "Special" so that we can all enjoy a "Sparkling Clean" bus while there?

Seabyrd
02-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Good thought Rodger !!

Ronald Hiemann
02-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Truck wash... very good thought, indeed. I would prefer to present Olivia to you in her best attire ... :-) ... Another question. We are coming-up from St. Pete and plan on stopping a few times over a few days prior to arriving at the Heritage. Any recommendations? Thanks and cheers, Ronald

rahangman
02-24-2012, 01:12 AM
This today from Heritage whom I called to inquire ...I think someone might contact them and see if we can swing a "Deal" as in multiple customers?

Hello Mr. Hang,
Here is the information you requested.
Orange Beach Marine Clean wash, sham, windows & tire dressing...$2.00 per foot
Hand or Orbital Wax...$5.00 per foot
High Speed Buff....$10.00 per foot

251-968-6262
sincerely,
Debra

Ronald Hiemann
02-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Olivia and her owners will be arriving at the gate. What is next? I should imagine, that the get-together is registered and will be recognized at the gate. Will all Prevost owners be occupying lots close together or will we be spread out across the park? What is the earliest check-in / arrival time?
We will be coming-up the coast from St. Pete and stop in a couple of places prior to arriving at the Heritage.
Anybody have any recommendations for other parks en route?
Thanks & Cheers,
Ronald

Jamie Bradford
02-28-2012, 08:17 PM
Heritage Update

We are in the process of getting things buttoned-up.

I plan on heading from Orlando to Orange Beach Tuesday 3-13-12 - and stopping 1 night on the way there? I plan on getting there a day before the Rally starts. If anyone is coming from Florida around the same time I would welcome the company. As CW McCall would say : " We Got Us A CONVOY "

I will give everyone more info on what is going on in a day or so ....

Here is the list :

Heritage March 15 - 18 2012

Ray & Charlotte Wilt
Larry & Diannes Byrd
John Klopp
Don & Sue Odham
Roger & Fay Hang
Jamie & Debbie Bradford
Peg & Larry Garuti
Liberty Coaches
Jon & Di Wherenberg
Bob Sutton
Wayne & Peggy Cowart
Patrick & Sherry Fix
William & Carol Cleverdon
Ron & Gabi Hiemann
Yates Lansing
Rick and Denise McLain
Al & Mary Ellen Herman
Gary & Peggy Stevens
James & Jennifer Stallings
Ed & Bonita Antie
Conrad & Janet Mershon
Garey & Dorothy Darcey
Greg Smith
Jeff & Nancy Bander

Clipster
03-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Clip Coates and Debbie Dryer will be attending also, and staying on our site #60.

Jamie Bradford
03-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Hi Clip & Debbie,

We are looking forward to seeing y'all.........

Jamie