PDA

View Full Version : Marathon home site

BoaterAl
01-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Phil C. is missing from Marathon Coach web site ?

jack14r
01-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Things don't look very good for them,I don't think that they have built enough coaches to cover the overhead.

gmcbuffalo
01-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Every time I have driven by the factory there are more buses in the overnight spots than in the sales yard. Looks like a ghost town. If it was on the eastern side of the Cascades there would be tumbleweeds against the fence.

Steve Bennett
01-02-2012, 11:21 AM
My understanding is that Phil is going to work for Newell. I have also heard that Marathon has 2-new shells coming for conversion. It has been tough for everyone, Marathon in particular as they had a big inventory when the economy went South. We wish the best for everyone in the industry.

BoaterAl
01-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the update and positive news about Marathon.

Would hate to hear anything negative about Marathon. Experiencing the purchase of a Marathon through Marathon there sales team exceeded all my expectations. Follow up service, operation advice was impressive with all phone calls returned. On a couple of occasions more then one phone call just to make sure. Service in Grand Prairie TX. the best.

I wish Phil the best of luck with his new adventure. Going to be a little, no a lot warmer in Miami, OK in the summer.

Jon Wehrenberg
01-03-2012, 07:39 AM
We as owners need all of those who contribute to building our conversions strong and healthy and we need to support them as much as possible. It is fun to tease one another about our coaches, but the bottom line is that the folks who convert our coaches or even supply parts or systems for our conversions are very important and for the most part they provide a quality of service that is unmatched in almost any other industry. What other industry will answer questions about a product from the third or fourth owner when that product is 20 years old? What other industry can still supply parts or sources of parts for that 20 year old product?

It has to be tough to survive in the conversion business if we look back on all the converters and suppliers that have gone out of business. When anyone of our converters goes out of the business we all suffer a little because of that because it affects future product support, coach values, and access to technical information. I hope Marathon and all others can get through this economic mess and become even stronger.

Gary Carmichael
01-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Jon, you are exactly right, if not for the suppliers for our older coaches we would be like the guys in Cuba keeping those old fifties model cars running!