PDA

View Full Version : For all the POGGERS who support Pilots N Paws, CNN coverage!

rmboies
12-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Pilots N Paws is very grateful to have been chosen by CNN photojournalist Burke Buckhorn as one of the organizations to be highlighted on CNN’s “Giving in Focus” special to air on Christmas Eve day at 2:30 p.m. and again on Christmas Day at 4:30 p.m. eastern time. We hope you will all tune in to watch Bobo, Lucy and Miley meet their new families and the village it took to get them there!

PNP is here in large part due to the support of POG members so we thank you!

Debi
Follow us on facebook www.facebook.com/pilotsnpawsfanpage
Twitter @PilotsNPaws

treedoc
12-24-2011, 05:12 AM
Congrates to all those who contribute to this great cause!! Rick

Jon Wehrenberg
12-24-2011, 06:59 AM
Way to go Deb.......I know how hard you worked to pull that together.

phorner
12-24-2011, 08:15 AM
That's great!

Congratulations on getting this worthy cause the publicity it deserves.

Can't wait to watch!!

rmboies
12-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Thanks all, you won't see me on there, I am the behind the scenes gal as Jon knows, but you will see two of our passionate pilots doing what they do best--flying and helping make a difference in the lives of animals who have the chance to be loved again by their new families. Media attention always brings us pilots, we have 2,477 registered as of today, so here's hoping! Jon, we still need to make that 10K mark!!!

Have a wonderful holiday, sunny here no snow :-)

Debi

Jon Wehrenberg
12-24-2011, 09:26 AM
For those who may not know what it takes to get national media attention, let me assure you that the items you see on TV or in USA Today, and to a lesser extent the local newspaper there are literally hours of prep work required to coordinate all the involved parties, set up the timing, create the "spin", and make sure the focus is where it is needed by both the news outlet and the organization being featured.

A huge effort is required to sell the story. Nobody, not CNN, NBC, CBS, or USA Today ever bugged us to do a story. We had to push it upstream protecting the message we needed to get out in front of the public yet bowing to the media so it fit with their vision of how they wanted to see the story. We blew out some opportunities because PNP wasn't going to get the correct story or treatment proportional to its effort required. We had a great story potential regarding one of Michael Vik's pit bulls that we blew off because PNP was making a huge effort for the story and the media was not going to provide PNP with the emphasis it needed.

To get CNN to cover this story, and present on Christmas eve is a big deal and Deb and PNP needs to get a big hoorah.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-24-2011, 03:19 PM
Just saw the CNN pilots n paws clip. Outstanding. They did a good job Deb.

Jim Skiff
12-24-2011, 06:08 PM
Debi,

You rock!

jim

rmboies
12-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Thanks Jon, I think everyone worked together very well and got our message across. The close up shot you see of the black pittie puppy asleep was actually riding on the CNN producers lap--just some inside scoop for you. Six more pilots have joined so I guess a lot of folks liked the segment. If you missed it, it will be on again tomorrow, Christmas Day at 4:30 p.m. eastern. We are the very last and wrap up the show which I am told is a good place to be! Merry Christmas to all our POG friends.
Debi

rmboies
12-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Debi,

You rock!

jim

Hey Jim, as you know this is a group effort but thanks for saying I rock at this age :-) Your sister rocks too! For those of you who don't know, Skiffers sister Jen is on our PNP Board of Directors and she is also a well known author, who's latest work, "The Divinity of Dogs" is already published overseas and will be in the U.S. soon (a not so shameless plug)

Appreciate everyone's kind words of support, it's what keeps us going!
Debi

Woody
12-25-2011, 07:49 AM
For those of you that missed the CNN time -

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c2#...s-and-paws.cnn

rmboies
12-25-2011, 10:37 AM
For those of you that missed the CNN time -

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c2#...s-and-paws.cnn

Woody, for whatever reason this link is not taking you to the story. Try:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/living/2011/12/19/natpkg-pilots-and-paws.cnn

Or:

http://pilotsnpaws.org/2011/12/cnns-giving-in-focus-please-watch-on-christmas-day/

Thanks!
Debi