PDA

View Full Version : Prevost Liberty queen sheets

Jimmie Johnson
12-20-2011, 09:52 PM
93 Prevost Liberty with queen bed needs sheets that will stay put or at least fit. Where does one get such sheets (60"x75")? thanks!

Kenneth Brewer
12-20-2011, 11:11 PM
Not an uncommon problem. We (I) are thinking about doing this, but have no personal experience. I asked about this back in antiquity and was told "there are outfits that do that". There are custom sheet makers who can take your measurements for all sorts of strange beds, including round ones. Google them under custom bed sheets. For example, you might try looking at bedderbedding.net. Again I have no experience with this, so you are on your own. If you do it, please let us know how well you were satisfied.

garyde
12-21-2011, 12:59 AM
Hi Jimmie,
Here's one: http://www.rvsuperbag.com/

also, try www.campingworld.com (http://www.campingworld.com)

FMCA rallies also have several vendors which sale high thread count sheets for RV's.

Lawrence M.
12-21-2011, 03:07 AM
Robin, a salesman at Liberty in Stuart can access them. His wife makes them.

Gary Carmichael
12-21-2011, 08:03 AM
My wife bought some while we were in service at Millennium, 1500 thread count 45.00 a set How they fit don't know yet, will let you know when installed. Did I just mess up you don't install sheets, well you know what I mean. Gary

Kuhlsport
12-21-2011, 09:57 AM
I bought two sets of King sheets from Robin's wife when I picked up my Liberty last spring. She does a nice job and they fit perfect. High thread count too so they feel great!

JIM KELLER
12-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Quite impressive we have MEN on this Fourm that know about Thread Count !

Kenneth Brewer
12-21-2011, 12:25 PM
Quite impressive we have MEN on this Fourm that know about Thread Count !

Well, if you zip across a bed, on your knees or elbows for some reason, on sheets with a low thread count, you will never do it twice.

jack14r
12-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Julie Kings company is Sheets That Fit and her cell # is 772-233-6473,I just got a bed spread from her and it looks great

Woody
12-21-2011, 05:33 PM
My wife questions the 1,500 count - that's like SILK.

She would like to know who to talk to as this set of sheets would be around $700 here.

My wife bought some while we were in service at Millennium, 1500 thread count 45.00 a set How they fit don't know yet, will let you know when installed. Did I just mess up you don't install sheets, well you know what I mean. Gary

LNDYCHT
12-21-2011, 06:51 PM
When we purchased our new coach I noticed that it was tight to get past the end of the bed, it had an east west bed and our previous coach was north south. It wasn't until later that I realized that the previous owner had replaced the mattress with a regular size Queen bed. You don't really notice that the mattress overhangs the platform. Easy to buy bedding for, just a little tight to get to the rear of the coach.

Gary Carmichael
12-21-2011, 07:47 PM
They are awesome sheets ! and yes they feel like silk,,,1500 egyptian cotton,,, they are $45.00 per set at Millennium luxury coaches,,,1-877-322-0190. Talk to Vonna, she will answer the phone probably....they only had a few more queen sets and tons of king sets,,,lots of yummy colors !! Megan Carmichael

truk4u
12-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Lee,

Ours also has the 80" mattress and the bed platform is a tad longer than normal. The guy that ordered the bus requested additional length (tall dude) and we hate it because you have to do the dance to get by the end. Ours is also east/west. I'm considering cutting back the platform and replacing with a standard 75" mattress for more room. Is your bed platform longer than standard, or did someone just stick a longer mattress in place?

merle&louise
12-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Tom,

If your bus is 102" wide and mattress is 80" that leaves 22". If the headboard is mounted 6" from the wall that would leave 16" of walk-around room!

Am I missing something?

gmcbuffalo
12-21-2011, 11:03 PM
Tuga remember 10"2 is outside dimensions subtract wall thickness on both sides, minus head board and that 22" gets small.

LNDYCHT
12-22-2011, 07:12 AM
Lee,

Ours also has the 80" mattress and the bed platform is a tad longer than normal. The guy that ordered the bus requested additional length (tall dude) and we hate it because you have to do the dance to get by the end. Ours is also east/west. I'm considering cutting back the platform and replacing with a standard 75" mattress for more room. Is your bed platform longer than standard, or did someone just stick a longer mattress in place?

Yes we have a standard platform with 80" mattress. You have to turn sideways to get past the end of the bed. It would be easy to put a 75" mattress on to give the extra room. Not sure if it really bothers me or not, at 5'11" tall its nice to have the extra wiggle room when in bed.

Seabyrd
12-23-2011, 12:03 AM
Our mattress was 80" and brand new when we bought the bus (memory foam 10" thick) It has a special padding over the memory foam then a thick knit cover over the entire mattress and one end has a zipper. Our mattress was 5 inches longer than the platform so I unzipped the cover, took my electric knife and whacked off about 4 inches zipped it back up and put the zippered end to the headboard and a new fitted mattress pad over it. You can't tell and now I can walk comfortably around the bed when the slide is closed and you'd never guess who has not noticed the difference !! Not until he reads this anyway. he he he !! BTW I kept the piece I cut off and it can easily be added back and would be up under the pillows !! Worked well for me.

truk4u
12-23-2011, 09:07 AM
Good job Diane.. So you could cut back my platform 5" so I could get a standard mattress?:p

Seabyrd
12-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Yes Tom that would work, our mattress is now a proper queen size, it's just not the extra length, sure wish is was a kingsize one though but the room just isn't there.
Merry Christmas !!