PDA

View Full Version : Florida RV Parks

charlesebrownjr
12-18-2011, 01:55 PM
I am looking for a place to stay, preferably on the East coast of Florida, that is on the water or within sight of the water. Are there any places on eather coast that are located on the water or adjacent to it and within walkind distance.

P. S. Mid to late Jan.

Seabyrd
12-18-2011, 04:10 PM
There is one at Flagler Beach north of Daytona... it is small and you drive in and face the water front... no pull throughs... but plenty of room.
Our favourite is on the west coast called Camping on the Gulf.. It is in Destin and you can usually get a space in the sand on the beach..(the ground is hard) we go there every chance we get and always stay on the front row.They have full hookups throughout the park except for the front row. The front row has 50amp. TV . and water but no sewer. They do have a pump out service though for about $8 each time but well worth being on the front row. Lots of good places to eat and great shopping in Destin and SanDestin. When you call they always tell us the front row is full but when we get there we always get the front row somehow!!

I am looking for a place to stay, preferably on the East coast of Florida, that is on the water or within sight of the water. Are there any places on eather coast that are located on the water or adjacent to it and within walkind distance.

P. S. Mid to late Jan.

Woody
12-18-2011, 05:58 PM
9082Pelican's Landing, Sebastian - there has been a cancellation on Lot 1, beam to the water, maybe 50', right next to the small boat ramp. Great view and small boat dock included (I keep my Shamrock 26 here). . Not a fancy place but after 6 winters in Florida there is nothing better avail to a boater.with a bus.

$1,250/mo

Toy Box
12-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Try Yacht Haven, located directly on the river near downtown in Ft. Lauderdale. Many options of size and location.

Seabyrd
12-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Here is the link to the ones I mentioned in my last post... the one I said was in Flager is actually in the next town of Beverly Beach 20 miles north of Daytona. http://www.beverlybeachcamptown.com/
The other one in Destin is http://www.campgulf.com/ ..... I hope you find what you're looking for.

QUOTE=charlesebrownjr;79743]I am looking for a place to stay, preferably on the East coast of Florida, that is on the water or within sight of the water. Are there any places on eather coast that are located on the water or adjacent to it and within walkind distance.

P. S. Mid to late Jan.[/QUOTE]

Sawbonz
12-18-2011, 08:19 PM
http://www.northbeachcamp.com/

St Augustine. Loved it.

truk4u
12-18-2011, 09:18 PM
Not to rain on Seabyrds parade, but we stayed at Beverly on the Beach years ago and biggest mistake we ever made. East winds covered the Coach in salt and spray and we had salt and sand in places you can't imagine.:mad:

charlesebrownjr
12-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks all, will look at some of these spots. Merry Christmas.

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Be advised in the Destin area you will have sand spurs, small spherical burrs that stick in your feet, shoes, pets feet, and bus carpet. The weather in winter will mostly be blowing cold.

I will never go back of my own volition.

JIM :)

Gary Carmichael
12-19-2011, 09:27 AM
Be prepared to clean sand and spurs and worse of all the humid salt air, just not a good environment for our coaches I think but that's just me talking, be prepared to do a good under and on top and all nook and cranny's wash job Gary

Seabyrd
12-19-2011, 12:32 PM
I agree with you with the weather in winter.. very similar to our Texas winter anywhere from 20 to 75 you never know... as for sand spurs I have never seen any of those but we are always on the front row and without a pet and only get to go there twice a year for a week or 10 days at a time and not in the winter time. It's without a doubt our whole families favourite place to go bar none !!

Be advised in the Destin area you will have sand spurs, small spherical burrs that stick in your feet, shoes, pets feet, and bus carpet. The weather in winter will mostly be blowing cold.

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-19-2011, 06:18 PM

Sand Spurs at their best in Destin.

:rolleyes:

Seabyrd
12-19-2011, 06:31 PM
OUCH !! I have seen lots of those in grassy areas in parks but never in the sand... Is that a winter time thing there? Locally here
they're called "stickers" and are usually in the grass. I would hate that!! They were in the grass all around our bus in Austin too I went out in bare feet but only once!!

truk4u
12-19-2011, 09:41 PM
Diane,

Didn't Larry make you go out in your bare feet at Austin?:p:)

Seabyrd
12-19-2011, 09:49 PM
Yes !! He always does that !!

Diane,

Didn't Larry make you go out in your bare feet at Austin?:p:)

rahangman
12-20-2011, 03:55 AM
Jim & all, I spent 4 years in USAF at Eglin AFB (down the road Ft Walton Beach) and have been back to area several times since, but last time was a shocker, with the built up status, just not the way it was in late 60's (oops showing age). Weather is sometimes unpredictable, but beach is FINE. I don't remember the sand burr problem, probably brought in by all the contractors....grrrrrrr

Sawbonz
12-20-2011, 07:05 AM
My opinion...Camping on the Beach was my kids' favorite park, as we went there three years running. Not one sandspur.

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-20-2011, 12:16 PM
I all fairness, making it clear, the Sand Spurs were not found on "THE BEACH". They were though in the area between the beach and the highway.

JIM

Terry J. Sturgis
12-20-2011, 12:37 PM
If you are retired military or disabled vet, check out the Military Camping web site. We are on Patrick Air Force Base in the Manatee Cove campground. $440.00 a month water and electric. Lots of room. Been 70 to 80 degrees all month. On the Banana river and a 5 minute drive to the Ocean.

truk4u
12-20-2011, 08:26 PM
Keep in mind if your not retired Military, but disabled Military, the disability has to be 100% to gain access. You would think vets with a lessor disability would be allowed to use the facilities, but no way.

Sticks
03-03-2012, 03:03 PM
We stayed at Camping on the Gulf and also loved it. Couldn't take beach front spot because we had two dogs with us. Also, wondered whether sandy beach would clog up A/C units under our Liberty coach. Any thoughts on that?

Seabyrd
03-03-2012, 04:17 PM
We go there twice every year and stay on the front row... it's heavenly if you like the beach and a to die for atmosphere that's the place to go.. we have cruisairs downstairs and have never had a problem with the sand I just wet it down under the coach before we park and again every morning... not a problem even when its windy. I posted an article about this park last year and someone replied that it was terrible for sand spurs, but we have never seen one there yet and are barefooted the whole time, we do put down our big patio mat and a big bowl of water at the door to rinse our feet... but have never seen the first spur, it may just be the time of year or back in other parts of the park... we only go on the beach. It's just beautiful !!9229This picture says it all !!

Sticks
03-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Thanks, we may hide the dogs in the closet and stay on the front row next time.

Seabyrd
03-05-2012, 12:17 AM
You would probably get caught !! LOL
If you look on their website they have spaces directly behind the front row that are full concrete and you can have pets and also a view. There are also spaces on one side that are as good as front row too.. have a look at the park map and you will see what I'm talking about... good luck.