PDA

View Full Version : Where's Truk4U

Jon Wehrenberg
12-12-2011, 08:05 AM
For two days Tom has been unable to access the site. He has asked Jim what's wrong and gotten no response. He is shown as having been on line at 7:12 this AM, but it was not him and he still has no access. His name is not on the member list.

Anybody know what is going on?????????

dreamchasers
12-12-2011, 09:08 AM
Jim,

It would be a good idea if you would focus on getting Tom back on-line. Tom has historically been a very active contributor and member contributions is why I am a member.

Please take a look at this.

Thanks,

Hector

Jim Skiff
12-12-2011, 09:17 AM
I think he'll be back, He's been awful busy behind the scenes and probably needs a break from the computer.;)

BoaterAl
12-12-2011, 09:40 AM
What kind of crap is that response.....Jim Skiff ? If that's the way this will go down then your back to censorship.

Maybe we should call some advertisers Jimmy...ya-think

What goes around comes around

Coloradobus
12-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Please, all take a nice deep calming breath. Its Monday, and too early in the week to jump to concusions making for "rotten week!"

Seabyrd
12-12-2011, 10:15 AM
How would one's name get off the member list Jon?
Just curious?

BrianE
12-12-2011, 10:36 AM
Jim, Just tried to call you for an explanation, evidently you are not available. Jon's concern is fully justified and a quick check confirms Tom has indeed been removed from the membership list. Please address this situation immediately. I can't speak for others but your removal of this thread without a satisfactory remedy will trigger my immediate and final response.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-12-2011, 10:44 AM
It's 10:36 and I just looked and Truk4U (Tom's screen name) is not back on the member list. We are both in a very delicate position because our new web site is about to come alive and WE DO NOT WANT ANYONE TO VIEW IT AS A REPLACEMENT FOR POG. We have stated this from the git-go and all we ask is to be allowed to continue as members of POG and POG is to us a lifestyle. It is who we are and our friends are in POG.

Neither Tom nor I know what is going on and we are not getting responses.

All we ask is that we be allowed to continue as members and if we are censored or booted off we ask for your support. We have been POG members before Jim came on the scene, we have tried to contribute to POG in many ways, and we want to continue as we have as members. But right now we are not happy and we feel like we are being mistreated for doing what we asked Jim to do for a couple of years for the benefit of all Prevost owners.

Sawbonz
12-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Jon, did you know you can't get a PM? I'd personally like to have an email address for you, just in case. Mine is sawbonzdo at me.com

Seabyrd
12-12-2011, 12:05 PM
What in the world is happening here ?? Or am I just blond ??

Jon, did you know you can't get a PM? I'd personally like to have an email address for you, just in case. Mine is sawbonzdo at me.com

Seabyrd
12-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Welcome back Tom !!
Truk4U name is in the member list.

BrianE
12-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Just got off the phone with Jim. It appears there are some serious concerns over recent business decisions that continue to need to be addressed. Jim told me he has reinstated Tom and will continue to have a positive outlook concerning the future of POG and Prevost Stuff. He is understandably confused as to the effect that Prevost Community will have on his business.

I think we should all encourage the sponsors and friends who are involved to try and work together in finding a solution that will ensure the integrity of our wonderful group.

Thanks Jim for taking the high road in this matter.

Sawbonz
12-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Not sure Larry. I do see that Truk4U is back on the member's list, but my concern is what isn't being said. The implications seem nefarious, but while I don't intend to leave POG, I know little to nothing about the new site being set up and don't like the idea of getting lost in the shuffle.

Seabyrd
12-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Good News !!

I believe that's what everyone wants !!

Just got off the phone with Jim. It appears there are some serious concerns over recent business decisions that continue to need to be addressed. Jim told me he has reinstated Tom and will continue to have a positive outlook concerning the future of POG and Prevost Stuff. He is understandably confused as to the effect that Prevost Community will have on his business.

I think we should all encourage the sponsors and friends who are involved to try and work together in finding a solution that will ensure the integrity of our wonderful group.

Thanks Jim for taking the high road in this matter.

BoaterAl
12-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Yes, welcome back Tom and thanks Jim for reconsidering your recent decision.

Brian, I guess there is some truth to your home town name...Battle Ground, WA

Jon Wehrenberg
12-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Whatever the misunderstanding or the glitch was, the important thing is that Tom is back. I have one favor to ask of everyone.

PLEASE continue your POG membership. POG is who we are. POG is where our friends are. POG is the group Tom and I want to be associated with. We want to continue to help folks, to tease folks, to insult folks (you know who you are) and to visit with you. Support Jim and help him make POG bigger and better.

The site we are developing is not intended to be a group like POG. It is not intended to replace POG and it will not have the "family" atmosphere of POG. It is a global site that has a different purpose and if all goes well it will supplement POG anbd all the other specialk interest groups for Prevost coaches.

michaeldterry
12-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Whatever the misunderstanding or the glitch was, the important thing is that Tom is back. I have one favor to ask of everyone.

PLEASE continue your POG membership. POG is who we are. POG is where our friends are. POG is the group Tom and I want to be associated with. We want to continue to help folks, to tease folks, to insult folks (you know who you are) and to visit with you. Support Jim and help him make POG bigger and better.

I have no intention of ever leaving POG unless my friends and fellow members are treated unfairly by management. POG is the people that post here and participate in various POG functions (both official and unofficial). Without the unique mix of characters we have here, POG is just another forum with very limited appeal or value.

It would be troubling to me to think that POG management would be unable to see the big picture and realize the value added potential of a complementary site that addresses areas and fulfills needs unmet by our current forum. And to feel threatened by such a complentary venture to the extent that one would remove access from a loyal, very active, and beloved member is small indeed.

I'm not privy to exactly what transpired and have no need/right to know the details (I'm certain that it's none of my nusiness). However, it did not look good and momentarily shook my confidence in the professional judgement of board management just based on appearances.

But now with Truk's membership/name being reinstated, what is important is that (hopefully) this is all behind us and can quickly become a distant, albiet unpleasant/unsettling, memory.

And if I've inadvertantly misspoke about these events, i apologize and want you all to know that my comments and concerns were based entirely on observations from my admittedly uninformed position and were motivated solely by my respect and love for you all.

truk4u
12-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Wow, thanks so much for all the support. I just back home and got online and see that I'm back in the POG saddle. Thanks for the re-instatement Jim and if you get the urge to kick me off again, please call first, I've tried to contact you.

For me, POG has been a lifestyle change that I would never have seen coming. It all started in Polk City, FL at POG I, I believe with 11 buses and it has been a fantastic experience to date even with all the ups and downs. I can count many, many friends who I would never have had the pleasure of meeting, all because of POG and the Prevost addiction.

I won't babble on here, but Jon and I are off on a new adventure that will actually enhance POG and hopefully increase the membership. How many times have you been to a campground, visited with another Prevost owner who didn't have a clue what POG was all about and never heard of it? I've had many and always promote POG and will continue to do so. Our new adventure will put the POG name, as well as the other groups, in front of a national audience of Prevost interested folks.

OK, now on to other things like my holding tank sensors!:p

billbunch47
12-12-2011, 04:57 PM
OK, I will jump. Haveing trouble telling if you are full of S%^&^%t OR NOT!!! With all the love I can muster, Bill

bluevost
12-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Glad you're back Trukman. I will also say that I don't intend to leave POG no matter how many other forums come on the web. Janet and I have made many friends over the years at various rallys and get togethers, and it's those people that make POG special.

garyde
12-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Man! One day sure makes a difference. Yesterday , quiet with a few posts. Today, all hell breaks loose! I could only hope so much attention would be paid toward me if I were to 'disappear'.
I missed Jon and Truk this last few weeks when they did'nt post. I'm happy to see they are both back. It just show's how much they are respected and needed.
Merry Christmas everyone.

Gary Carmichael
12-13-2011, 05:48 AM
Every Group or club has it's ups and down's,but the fiber that holds it together is it's ability to come to the "table" so to speak and work things out. This is a great group and proud to be a member! Merry Xmas and happy New Year, I am off to Fl this morning. Truk, see you in Feb at Riverbend. Gary

truk4u
12-13-2011, 09:11 AM
See ya there Gary.

Coloradobus
12-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Gary, If you are going to be in La Belle at River Bend please recruit our friends Alan and Diane Neff. They are on a site on very east side in a brown Marathon H3-45 with a marroon Honda Pilot., I have been after them for years.

Gary Carmichael
12-13-2011, 08:09 PM
Jim, will put that on my list when I get there! Thanks for the info GARY

truk4u
12-13-2011, 08:54 PM
C'bus,

Get us a site number and we'll sign them up.

gmcbuffalo
12-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Why would Tom get kick off and not both Jon and Tom? I must say that if I were Jim I would be worried as to the effect this new site will have on my business. Remember this is not a hobby for Jim as I see the site for Jon and Tom.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-15-2011, 07:28 AM
Greg, Only Jim can answer your first question.

As to the second observation let me add some comments. I and others asked Jim over a period of months (and maybe longer) to attempt to develop a relationship with not only Prevost, but all other Prevost groups such as the Prevost Prouds for the purpose of creating enough critical mass of owners and drivers so we as Prevost enthusiasts could have one site with such a large population that Prevost and all other contributors to Prevost ownership (converters, parts suppliers, insurers, etc) could justify the time and effort to expand their involvement in forums, rallies, etc. To be honest we as owners wanted big numbers to band together for the purpose of posibly getting discounts, better access to information, and better participation from those we depend upon. The perfect vehicle for the generic site attractive to all would have been Prevost-Stuff. But that did not happen. There are other factors at work that influenced Tom and I, but the bottom line is that as owners we saw the need an when it was clear it was not going to be addressed, we did it.

I know how much involvelment and support we as owners get if our numbers are large and concentrated in one spot because in the early 90's as a Prevost Proud member we had rallies with 200 coaches and Prevost and the converters could justify the help and service we got at rallies for example. But now, with the groups smaller and rally attendance only in double digits it is difficult for them to justify the expense. So for our mutual good we need to go back to having a single entity to pull folks together, but we do not want that entity to replace anything that is already in place, but to supplement it. The new web site is not to take anything away from POG, or the Prouds, or the Texas Prouds, or the Bikers,etc.It is just to be a place where everyone is welcome to participate as they see fit, but for everyone to remain with their special interest group.

As to the impact on Jim's business everybody needs to keep in mind that every business owner decides how to run his own business. How to serve the customers. How to succeed. Tom and I are not attempting to do business for the purpose of adversely impacting Jim or any other business on the internet. Our success does not mean Jim's failure. There is no reason why two webs sites cannot succeed. Will it have an impact on Jim? There is a strong possibility of that. But Jim already has competitive sites on the internet. He will respond, his sites will improve and the real winner will be the members and users of his sites and ours.

Neither Tom nor I were motivated by the financial aspects of this, but as businessmen we do not view this as a hobby. We cannot view it as a hobby because what we are doing is not free and it does require substantial effort. I don't believe we need to apologize for creating a business model that will provide some compensation. Keep in mind that just like we didn't want to run rallies, we did not intend to creat this site. We both wanted someone else to do those things. But since that was not going to happen we felt compelled to do them.

JIM KELLER
12-15-2011, 10:54 AM
A lot of people don't know what is going on " Behind The Scenes. " There are two sides to every story. In my opinion the most important part of this story is that we don't end up pitting member against member. A lot of friendships have been formed as a result of POG. I hope everyone plays fair so all of these friendships survive.

johnklopp
12-15-2011, 10:59 AM
Jon,

I think its a great idea. A rally with over 100 coaches would certainly encourage a variety of vendors to participate. Hope you will be allowed to post a link to the new web site.

gmcbuffalo
12-15-2011, 10:46 PM
Jon thanks for the feedback and update.