PDA

View Full Version : Tampa RV Super Show or Brooksville

Jim Skiff
11-29-2011, 05:01 PM
Is there any interest in a rally around the Tampa RV Supershow dates? We could get spaces in a park nearby visit the show and then have a POG get together. I'll pay for the lobster.....limited to two coaches...kidding. I'll sponsor a lobster feed for POG members and sponsors or we can do Brooksville..same rules apply.

Woody
11-29-2011, 07:21 PM
If you put it together we'll be there for a couple of days. I miss my lobsters!

Pete
11-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Jim, what are the dates of both shows?

Ronald Hiemann
11-29-2011, 10:05 PM
Hi Jim,
Olivia, Gabi and I will be spending the winter months in St. Pete and have definite plans to visit the show. I love to look at all the stuff and find things that I did not know I really needed! ... :-) ... We would love to meet some fellow POG'ers.
So count us in.

rickdesilva
11-29-2011, 11:01 PM
I don't know about the Brooksville thing......I think there is a POG member that lives in the vicinity. Coyotes run wild around Brooksville.

merle&louise
11-29-2011, 11:01 PM
Jim, what are the dates of both shows?

Pete,

The Tampa RV show dates are as follows:

Industry Day is Jan. 10th

Public Days are Jan. 11th thru Jan. 15th.

Orren Zook
11-30-2011, 12:50 AM
The FMCA rally dates in Brooksville FL are Feb 2-6. They cut off registration in mid January: http://www.fmca.com/chapters/area-rallies/329-area-rallies

JIM KELLER
11-30-2011, 07:52 AM
I don't know about the Brooksville thing......I think there is a POG member that lives in the vicinity. Coyotes run wild around Brooksville.

This is true but " we ain't gona let them eat our sheep. "

michaeldterry
11-30-2011, 10:26 AM
Coincidentally, we're headed to Brooksville in the bus this Friday and will be in the general area for about a week visiting family and friends! In hindsight, we maybe should have done a better job planning to coincide with either the RV Supershow or FMCA Brooksville dates! Oh well.... :confused: :o

billbunch47
11-30-2011, 03:13 PM
Rita and I will be in the area and plan on doing the show and would love to get togather with the gang. Richard and Patty Warren will be also so count us in. Bill

Jim Skiff
11-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Michael,

I think we can make it a casual get together and may plan for both events. I will look into an RV Park near the Tampa Show to give us more room to roam, and a sheep pasture in Brooksville. I look forward to your scouting report.

Bill. I promise to do better than the lunch we had last year in Tampa.....with little to no wait.

Jimmy K has the inside scoop in Brooksville as well as Sawbonz.

Might as well!

JIM KELLER
12-02-2011, 12:16 PM
We have attended the Tampa RV Show and parked on the grounds. Didn't have electricity but very convenient for walking the show. Most RV Parks are full down here at this time of the year. All the Northeners want this Florida sunshine. Although the FMCA show in Brooksville is nowhere near the size of the Tampa Show it is still fun.

Sawbonz
12-05-2011, 10:54 PM

Hey, I resemble that remark! ;)

There are some coyotes here, but they are really just moving targets for the AR-15. Shoot away!

I'd love to have everyone come here.... It's a great town, and the right time of year.

michaeldterry
12-06-2011, 01:43 AM
Hey, I resemble that remark! ;)

There are some coyotes here, but they are really just moving targets for the AR-15. Shoot away!

I'd love to have everyone. We're headed come here.... It's a great town, and the right time of year.

Hey Karl! Vita and I are in Brooksville this week visiting family & friends. We're staying at Belle Parc RV Resort on Ancient Trail in lot #95. We're headed back to the Atlanta area sometime Thursday. If you're up for it, let's hook up!

Sawbonz
12-06-2011, 09:25 PM
I'll see if I can make it tomorrow! I think that is the place my friend was doing the renovations on last year.

michaeldterry
12-07-2011, 08:02 AM
I'll see if I can make it tomorrow! I think that is the place my friend was doing the renovations on last year.

Great! If you do drop by, the gate code is 1221 and we're in space 95 - the second spot on your right as you come down the row. If you want to call, my cell phone number is (678) 485-9710 , but the signal is very spotty here and I can't guarantee that my phone will ring to accept your call (seems to depend on which way I'm facing and if I'm holding my mouth just right!) :p

michaeldterry
12-07-2011, 09:52 AM
Great! If you do drop by, the gate code is 1221 and we're in space 95 - the second spot on your right as you come down the row. If you want to call, my cell phone number is (678) 485-9710 , but the signal is very spotty here and I can't guarantee that my phone will ring to accept your call (seems to depend on which way I'm facing and if I'm holding my mouth just right!) :p

I just found out from the boss that we're taking the grandkids to Weeki Wachee today, so we'll be away from the bus until later this afternoon. Just wanted to let you know so you didn't waste a trip! We'll be back late afternoon if you can schedule it then!

michaeldterry
12-07-2011, 04:18 PM
I just found out from the boss that we're taking the grandkids to Weeki Wachee today, so we'll be away from the bus until later this afternoon. Just wanted to let you know so you didn't waste a trip! We'll be back late afternoon if you can schedule it then!

We're baaaaack! We left Weeki Wachee just before it began raining. Timing is everything! :p

Sawbonz
12-07-2011, 06:00 PM
6 pm and I just got home! One thing after another today. When do you leave tomorrow? What time do you usually get up?

michaeldterry
12-09-2011, 07:24 AM
6 pm and I just got home! One thing after another today. When do you leave tomorrow? What time do you usually get up?

Sorry for the delayed reply! We ended up driving the toad to Tampa Wednesday night to have dinner with my former executive secretary and close friend who I hadn't seen in years. Didn't get back to the bus until after 1:00AM. Then, the boss decided we were taking our grandsons (ages 2.5 & 5) for their first Disney World Magic Kingdom visit. Today is the older grandson's 5th birthday, so it was a special birthday treat. So we packed up and left the campground early yesterday morning, headed for the "Mouse House". Vita, Great Grandma, our daughter and both grandkids had a blast! I'm not much of a Disney afficianado, but I enjoyed it, too. After a full day in the Magic Kingdom, we finally got on the road toward home at about 9:00PM last night. We stopped to sleep for a few hours in a rest stop near Ocala, and got back on the road about 4:30AM this morning. We've now stopped again in a truck stop about 60 miles south of Valdosta, GA so the daughter can get a little more sleep (she's driving her own car following the bus). With any luck, we'll be rolling again in an hour or so and be back in Atlanta/Woodstock by early afternoon. It's somewhat challenging/complicated travelling with 3 women and two small children! Not complaining - I'm just sayin'.... :rolleyes:

Sorry we missed meeting you this trip, but hopefully we can get together when/if you guys come to Stone Mountain in January. Maybe we'll bring the bus to Stone Mountain for the weekend and have an impromptu POG micro rally!

Sawbonz
12-10-2011, 06:15 AM
Yes, let's keep trying. Next weekend we are going to hang out in Valdosta. Stone Mountain in January is in the air because my daughter has TWO volleyball tournaments that are taking up weekends. I'll let you know if we keep them out of school for a couple days to make a trip...

Sounds like you had some fun at least! I can't wait to get to Fort Wilderness again. We just hired another doctor for next year, which means that we will only be on the clock one weekend in three. It's going to be like every day is a vacation!

Sawbonz
12-10-2011, 06:18 AM
Almost forgot. How was that park? Or should I say "parc"?

michaeldterry
12-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Almost forgot. How was that park? Or should I say "parc"?

Belle Parc was beautiful and the park manager was very attentive/accomodating. We enjoyed our stay and would use it again when we travel to the area. http://www.belleparcrvresorts.com/ <-- Belle Parc RV Resort website

Do let us know about Stone Mountain in January! (Keep the kids out a couple of days - elementary, middle, & high school are over-rated anyway!) :p