PDA

View Full Version : New member..and soon new owner of a 2001 Liberty

Odie
11-25-2011, 09:55 AM
A shout out that my wife and I will be picking up our Liberty next week and we are looking forward to meeting and learning from each of you in our new journey experience.

I made contact with Lloyd Williams last week about some of his blogs and posting he has made on the POG. He was full of useful information and recommendations. My conversation with him was very encouraging and has resulted in my posting. Lloyd encouraged me to "just jump in the water", begin posting and begin the journey, enjoy the experience of making lasting friendships and be amazed how helpful everyone is to one another in the POG.

Suggestions and words of wisdom is always welcome.

edsaylor
11-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Odie: Welcome to POG. You picked THE Premium coach when you chose your Liberty. Be sure to get Troy's number in your phone when you pick up your coach. He can answer nearly any question you will ever have about a Liberty.

aggies09
11-25-2011, 10:27 AM
Welcome Odie,

This is a great group, and we are glad to have you. Jump in and post anything. There are a few on here who can actually help, the rest of us are just here to confuse the issue. One suggestion is to go in and edit your signature to list your names, bus converter, towed, and any other pertinent information. It helps all of us in the future to know what you are dealing with. Welcome aboard.

Odie
11-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the quick response. My goal was to select a coach that had a great reputation as a quality product, great service and a strong support group. My experience with the Liberty folks in Stuart from Dave, Robin, Troy and Jeff has been very positive. I'll be sure to get Troy's number. We are looking forward to spending time in Stuart learning about the coach and getting on the road.

BoaterAl
11-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Oh ...look at all these Liberty guys just jumping up and down as they have another bus. Odie, after all the Liberty guys give you advice, might double check with the Marathon guys.
We are sort of hard to find as there are not many repair posts, usually all we need is fuel and a wash, we're good to go.

Odie
11-25-2011, 01:56 PM
I figured I had to walk before I could run with the Big Dogs.....

AmeriStar
11-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Welcome to a great place to find several correct answers to your questions. It will be the best 40 bucks you will ever spend.
On a more serious note, the information garnered here will be helpful in many ways. (you be the judge)

Gary Carmichael
11-25-2011, 05:00 PM
You are about to embark on a journey that will give you fond memories for a life time! Drive safe and tell troy and Dave I said hello. Gary

jack14r
11-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Al,Tell us WHAT is going on at Marathon,they have almost stopped production and they only have 4 used unsold coaches on their website,I don't count consignments.I can't believe that they could cover the overhead without building 30 or more a year,will they survive?

BoaterAl
11-25-2011, 08:19 PM
I have no idea Jack. We did attend the Marathon Washington DC rally the last week of Sept. I came away with the impression that there were no more spec coaches.

Maybe someone on POG has been in Coberg for service could comment ?

aggies09
11-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Al, didn't I see the engine bay doors open and several heads in it trying to figure out some issue at Pox X? Maybe you were just filling a fuel reservoir or washing it, could be my mistake.

BoaterAl
11-25-2011, 10:55 PM
Not any mistake Tony, couple of Liberty guys had heard about all the shiny metal inside a Marathon engine bay. I urged them to wear sunglasses.

michaeldterry
11-26-2011, 07:22 AM
Odie - welcome to the POG asylum! Bring your warped sense of humor and your thick skin and you'll do just fine here! :p All kidding aside (for the moment), buying and enjoying your first Prevost is the most fun and rewarding experience you can have with your clothes on! Post early and often (just like Chicagoans vote) to get the most out of your $25 POG annual subscription fee. Ask any questions you have (even the ones you may think are dumb) and you'll almost always get an answer or 10. As Jon likes to say - some of them may even be correct! :D Bottom line - participate and have fun! Glad to have you here!

garyde
11-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Welcome to POG Odie and great choice , I might add on selection of Coaches. Although you might think there is some friction between different owners and their conversions, there really isn't. Keep posting your observations and questions.

merle&louise
11-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Welcome aboard Odie, glad to have a new member start posting. From what I have heard, Troy is the Liberty go to guy, or as Winchester says, a Liberty God!

After you get a little more familiar with the site, please post some pictures of your new baby!

Ronald Hiemann
11-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Hello Odie,
Welcome from another POG newby of barely 4 weeks. However, I should say that the really PREMIER bus conversion is Teschner as in the coach we just purchased. The only mildly distraction to that is, that Teschner went out of business, just when they were ready to pounce on the market. To the best of my knowledge, it were legal and real estate matters that did them in.
Nevertheless, I believe that we do have the prettiest coach there is... Anywhere.
Never mind... Teschner ueber alles!
:-)
Cheers,
Ronald

PS: now let's see the flaming begin.....

JIM CHALOUPKA
11-30-2011, 09:40 AM
Hello Odie,
Welcome from another POG newby of barely 4 weeks. However, I should say that the really PREMIER bus conversion is Teschner as in the coach we just purchased. The only mildly distraction to that is, that Teschner went out of business, just when they were ready to pounce on the market. To the best of my knowledge, it were legal and real estate matters that did them in.
Nevertheless, I believe that we do have the prettiest coach there is... Anywhere.
Never mind... Teschner ueber alles!

PS: now let's see the flaming begin.....

How can one flame a guy for thinking he has the best coach there is. Wouldn't it be terrible if he didn't think so and had to maintain something he didn't like.

Hope you keep enjoying in the coming years.

JIM :)