PDA

View Full Version : Question on the Ride Height Gizmo

rfoster
11-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Mango:
Great articles coming from the Mango Grove lately - my compliments. Question tho - what was the symptom or problem you were experiencing that prompted you to take action? Audible Air leak? Delayed Leans? Riding Level? I have been chasing a leak for some time now and no success. The air will stay up in the rear when parked for days sometimes, but the passenger front seems to always lay down with about a 10 hour or less stop. And sometimes the rear will lay down, sometimes not. I am about ready to drink the bubbly rather than spray it.

Also great Avatar, that engine is impressive! And A1 Jon's new avatar is impressive as well! It looks to be professionaly made.:cool:

MangoMike
11-25-2006, 07:14 AM
Fast Roger,

The ride height vavle leak was detected audibly. I try to spend some time just poking around the bus and listening and adding some bubbly and hoping for the best.

I found another very small leak in this manifold which I'll post details later.

I don't have an answer for you as where to start chasing the leaks, other than start replacing norgren valves. If there's a better way I haven't found it yet.

MM

Jon Wehrenberg
11-25-2006, 08:33 AM
Roger,

Instead of going to an auction which will cost a lot of money, you might as well bite the bullet and bring the bling bus to Casa Del Grease Pit. We may not solve the air leak problem, but we will have fun. If we stumble across the problem by blind luck you can post it and make it sound like we knew what we were doing.

I don't want your bus leaning into mine at the Liberty rally.

truk4u
11-25-2006, 08:43 AM
I can just imagine the two of you bling buddies together in the grease pit.:eek: Dinga balls hanging from the bus, rope lights blazing, disco ball, belt buckles lighting the way and Donna Summers loudly playing in the background, Hot, Hot, Hot, Stuff!:D

rfoster
11-25-2006, 09:44 AM
Tom: Sounds Like Big Fun- You are not that far away - you should join in on the festivities- can't imagine more fun than lights flashing and listening for air leaks in the "Casa de Grease Pit". No beans the night before!:cool:

win42
11-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Get her done R&J I could use the help because I have the exact same problem. I'm still chasing it. I think Mango is right about the norgren shuttle valves. I'm going there next.
I thought I was gaining on everything and here comes Jon with another project my aging bus probably needs. I would step up to a newer one, but reading about all the extra stuff your new ones have, I think I'll stay with the manual operating coach. There has got to be an end somewhere.
Mango: I'm really enjoying your detailed posts with pictures. Thank you and Keep up the good work.

Jeff Bayley
11-28-2006, 01:13 AM
(partial excerpt from a former posting I put)

......The tech's also explained to me that the archeitecture of the way the valves work on the newer set ups is different than my bus (97 title but 95 chassis). Don't know what year they changed it to this new method the techs explained to me but the way the new method works prevents the coach from falling with a check valve method (or something of that nature). I can't quote you chapter and verse but you could find out by asking Prevost techs. They have a way to update the old system to the new system and they changed an adequate number of parts on mine to nearly complete the revision but not all the way. The updates seem to isolate the air bags from falling due to a leak in other parts of the air system. I [think I recall] that I read where there are 800 individual connections in the air system of our buses. I found my leak in the air cylinder that opens and closes the step well cover after Prevost kindly releived me of approx. $3,500 in other fixes (which of course were "neccessary" along the way).