PDA

View Full Version : Horrific RV Crash we saw on Saturday !!

Seabyrd
11-08-2011, 09:45 AM
http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/?p=34838

This was a horrible wreck we came upon on Sat. on our way home from Houston.
The driver burned in the RV. No-one knows why the driver swerved before losing control of his RV.
It really shook us up !!

Be sure to watch the video...

Sid Tuls
11-08-2011, 10:27 AM
How sad to see this! It just goes to show that we are always to be ready to meet the Lord.

merle&louise
11-08-2011, 11:27 AM
As I listened to the video I heard the lady stating that she told the driver to turn off the motor because the rear wheels were spinning. Sounds like the cruise control malfunctioned. That could be the reason why the driver was swirving all over the road. He was trying to get the cruise control to disengage.

Has anyone ever had a cruise control stick? Where tapping the brake does NOT release the cruise control. I have! It scared the hell out of me. I quickly turned the cruise control OFF and that did it. There is a lot to be said about being familiar with the location of your controls.

This was a terrible accident.

JIM CHALOUPKA
11-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Tuga, remember a couple years ago Sawdust had the disengagement problem you describe. There were a number of posts on the subject.

I'll say again, learn the position of your buttons and switches, so to play them as an musical instrument, by instinct.

PRACTICE, JIM

Will Garner
11-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Larry,

Please tell me what I see in your avatar is a set-up photo. I'd hate to think if you are towing an SUV which is towing a trailer loaded with a golf cart what your wreck report is going to state. I hope the problem with what I'm seeing is my eyes and not your picture.

Kenneth Brewer
11-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Best wishes and prayers for the family. This, unfortunately, is an example of why it is safer to have an all-electric coach, in my opinion. Our first coach had a LPG powered generator that had carburetion problems and was a potential fire hazard if a spark or flame source presented itself in the vicinity. In the northeast, if you have LPG in a bottle or saddle tank, at some tunnels and bridges you were required to pull over and demonstrate the supply valve at the tank was shut, and in other cases where more stringent restrictions were employed, you were rerouted over land or alternatively, in some cases, over bridges (Baltimore Key Bridge, for example) because of this threat.

Kenneth Brewer
11-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Larry,

Please tell me what I see in your avatar is a set-up photo. I'd hate to think if you are towing an SUV which is towing a trailer loaded with a golf cart what your wreck report is going to state. I hope the problem with what I'm seeing is my eyes and not your picture.

Such an arrangement is legal in some states, particularly evident while visiting state parks (Texas), as long as the maximum overall length restriction is not violated.

Seabyrd
11-08-2011, 04:11 PM
What you see is real... your eyes served you well !!

It is perfectly legal to travel that way in Texas, LA and many other states as well ( some restrictions on length do apply & vary state to state ).. we only travel on the freeways and short distances to the lake and beach. We have however since "upgraded" to a golfcart in the back of an Avalanche for the "longhauls".

Diane

Larry,

Gary Carmichael
11-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Does any one know the make of this unfortunate coach?