PDA

View Full Version : NEED RVAC PARTS

Seabyrd
11-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Does anyone know a source for RVAC A/C parts.
Our fan is squealing !! UGH !!
Thanks.. Diane

BoaterAl
11-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Diane, If the fan was on my bus I would remove the noisy fan and source out the information probably labeled or stamped on the fan....google

If all else fails you're existing fan can be rebuilt by companies who do a lot of work for the classic car rebuilders.

I don't foresee any problems in finding a replacement with all the expertise of POG members on this forum.

Seabyrd
11-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Right... Thanks Al.
We will call around tomorrow to see what we can find out... we're hoping to locate it before we pull the unit out... it's a major job as we have to pull the inverters... air compressor... and a bunch of other stuff as it's in the middle of the bay with the generator on the other side so we'd like to be prepared when we pull it if possible.
I was just hoping someone had had some experience with ordering stuff for the RVAC unit at sometime.

Liam
11-06-2011, 10:35 PM
I just replaced the 3 fan motors in my webasto units. If those are the ones, I can get you the source for new ones. Easy fix.

redprevost
11-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Im sure J.D. will be up to the task/Like Al says so much of our coach stuff is off the shelf somewhere or can be replaced with a item with the same specs.When my headhunter pump went out,I went to home depot,and replaced it with a same spec/gpm and pressure pump for 160.00 u.s./on the norgen valves,which sell for 160.00 from prevost,I was able to source the spool valve with new o rings for 15.00 u.s. at kaman industrial nrg54237-56 for 14.15 u.s./It is starting to get cold up here and I wish I was back in Texas needing a.c./joe/ redprevost

Seabyrd
11-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Yes Joe.. JD was here yesterday puting humidifiers in our house... when we were standing by the bus chatting... this horrific screeching noise came from the bus... unfortunately the RVAC A/C fan is on its way out so we turned it off.. He took the info back to Houston with him to check on a new one tomorrow but he thinks it might be hard to locate a new one so I thought someone on POG may have replaced theirs at some time. We had a good picture from when it was removed and serviced just over a year ago. Probably shouldn't have touched it as it's the hardest thing on the bus to access.!!It had never been touched or serviced..It's almost a days work to remove it. The weather here has been wonderful... had a cold snap.. followed by perfect weather... yes you need to get back down here... when are you coming?

Im sure J.D. will be up to the task/Like Al says so much of our coach stuff is off the shelf somewhere or can be replaced with a item with the same specs.When my headhunter pump went out,I went to home depot,and replaced it with a same spec/gpm and pressure pump for 160.00 u.s./on the norgen valves,which sell for 160.00 from prevost,I was able to source the spool valve with new o rings for 15.00 u.s. at kaman industrial nrg54237-56 for 14.15 u.s./It is starting to get cold up here and I wish I was back in Texas needing a.c./joe/ redprevost

Seabyrd
11-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Anyone else got some input please?
We just found out that RVAC is no longer and were bought out by a company in Fort Worth and they said they didn't buy any of the parts etc for those units. Not sure of all the details as JD talked to them.

We will tear it down tomorrow and see what we have. Hopefully we can cross over some of the numbers?

Thanx, Diane

rahangman
11-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Dianne, you might contact Nick he is still in Nacogdoches I think at James Stallings....

Seabyrd
11-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Rodger... Who is Nick?
Diane

Dianne, you might contact Nick he is still in Nacogdoches I think at James Stallings....

rahangman
11-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Will send a PEM

Seabyrd
11-08-2011, 04:17 PM
I now have more info and it is an SCS (Specific Climate Systems Inc.) unit Model 2702.

Anyone have any input on this unit?????

Thanks.

bustur
07-17-2012, 12:43 AM
This may be too late to help but I have RVAC on my 97 Marathon. We had the same "screaming " you described and I replaced the Blower moters ( 2 per unit) to cure the problem. The motors were available at Grainger Supply.

Seabyrd
07-17-2012, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the info...yes we found everything we needed and have since totally rebuilt the RVAC unit... new compressors... fans ... control board...the whole thing. Working great for now.
Diane