PDA

View Full Version : Key Board Issue

BrianE
11-04-2011, 12:47 PM
After having recently losing two lengthy thread replies I discovered that hitting the backspace key returns me to the previous page of the thread and deletes my labored reply.

Am curious if there is a way to reverse unintended key commands or is this a frustrating lesson in keyboardsmanship on this site? The MS keyboard common command "control-Z" does not apply in this situation.

phorner
11-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Brian,

I am pretty sure that I have "edited" replies by hitting the backspace key in the past, and I've not had your experience. Maybe I was lucky, maybe this is something new.... actually, I just tried it and I'm still typing so..... apparently this is an isolated issue.

Ray Davis
11-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Unfortunately, if you get the focus out of the input window, and hit backspace, that is a browser command to go back one in history. Some sites you could simply hit the forward arrow, and get back to where you were, but it appears the vbulletin code here tells the browser to always reload from the server, and thus you do lose your edit. I just tried it, and yep, this is the second time I'm typing this response.

I have that type of issue occasionally, as I have a trackpad on this laptop, and if my hand happens to drag on the trackpad while typing, it will often send my cursor out of the window.

Ray

truk4u
11-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Same here Brian.. If I am typing a post and have to go back one page, I just copy my text and when I come back I paste it and start over.

BrianE
11-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Thanks gents. A lesson learned. Will copy text frequently in the future.