PDA

View Full Version : Large Size Diagrams

Jon Wehrenberg
10-24-2011, 03:11 PM
I am chasing an air leak and have been frustrated trying to follow the pneumatic diagram on my computer, or via smaller printouts. So I just spent about 30 minutes enlarging the pneumatic diagram for my coach in sections, printing it out in tiles, using 12 to create a large drawing that is easy to follow.

I don't know how many have done this, and since I am slow on the uptake when it comes to using my computer and its features I now have a new trick to use when I am trying to diagnose something.

My new drawing of the pneumatic system which I will keep with my service manual is about 24" X 30" and it is a big help already.

dreamchasers
10-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Jon,

I had several additions of the "numerous pages" for the pneumatic diagram. After having the printouts scattered all through our house, the wife "encouraged" me to do something different, thus the suspension overview was born.

Finding leaks takes time. Good Luck.

Too bad you do not live in the "Texas Leak Free" zone.

Hector

Jon Wehrenberg
10-25-2011, 06:49 AM
I have located and fixed two leaks using soapy water. One was a threaded brass nipple fitting in the steer compartment, one was at the valve for the belt tensioners. I didn't fix that one, but plugged the exhaust until I can fix or replace the valve. As I study the drawing I am convincing myself that based on the size of the leak my leak is likely to be in the area of the rear converter connection where the batteries are on my coach making the access and visibility difficult. The leaks I did find were so small they were almost meaningless so I am hoping I can find a gross leak in one spot.

One thing I have noted is you mentioned your leaks were in fittings, and I heard that to mean those were for the most part the push in type. So far all the fittings I have soaped are compression and they have been tight.