PDA

View Full Version : Happy TG

jello_jeep
11-23-2006, 09:44 AM
Well, happy Thanksgiving ya'll....

We have 20 or so assorted fruits and nuts (family) preparing to descend upon us. A 24lb bird almost ready to be brushed with butter & spices and hard hickory smoked for a few hours.

Also have a big iron pot with 8 lbs of pork shoulder, some garlic, oregano, bay, cumin, chicken stock, onions, and a very generous supply of red chile, smuggled in from New Mexico whilst driving the Marathon home from its past home in Ga. About five hours in that iron pot will turn it into a great batch of red pork for tamales, tacos, burritos, or whatever!

Maybe we need a cooking thread on here!

At any rate, hope ya'll have a great holiday..

The new guy... :)

dalej
11-23-2006, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the wish Warren. Jan and I are having her folks over today, that would be my inlaws right! Is it "5 O'Clock Somwhere" :)

Kevin Erion
11-23-2006, 10:09 AM
Warren, If I leave now, I think I will miss the traffic and be there for the fiest. Are you going to make it over this weekend?
Kevin

jello_jeep
11-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Yeah dale, understand the five o'clock theory, Mr. J. Daniels (my therapist) will get me right when they all leave!! I PMd your website address with a question.

jello_jeep
11-23-2006, 10:58 AM
Yes Kevin, I got your email with the address and all. Plan on being there early tomorrow morning if all is still ok.

I will call you if anything changes!

You are more than welcome to join the feast, come on over!

lewpopp
11-23-2006, 10:18 PM
Warren,

With the description of your gastronomical mastery, it sounds like you are having a real feast. It also sounds like it is the beginning of an orgy. Damn, you'll have the whole west coast arriving within hours.

Good luck

Lew

jello_jeep
11-24-2006, 12:17 AM
Ahhh.. The fesast was great, and the orgy commences!!!