PDA

View Full Version : Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink!

Liam
10-24-2011, 09:53 AM
92 CC, left for return home drive on maiden voyage with 1/4 tank fresh water. At some point driving my kids ran the tank dry. Got home and connected garden hose, hit fill switch and tank full now. Hose still attached with pressure. ZERO water out of any faucet inside or out. Even if pump burned-out running dry, should have water via the outside hose connection??? Ideas? Thanks.

dreamchasers
10-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Liam,

On my CC, when the fill tank button is active, the water pressure at the tap is low or non existent. I would suggest determining if the water hose inlet function works properly. De select the fill water button with hose attached, water should come from all faucets. When the fill tank button is pushed, a water solenoid is energized to divert water to the tank.

You need to establish if the water hose inlet function is working. With the water pumps off, this should work.

Then look at the possible solenoid malfunction.

Hector

Liam
10-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Thanks. I did the same procedure before I left and it worked fine. I tried cycling the fill switch a few times, and removing/restoring hose pressure. No luck. Know off the top of your head where the solenoid is located?

dreamchasers
10-24-2011, 04:57 PM
I not sure where it is located on your coach. My CC has a covered panel covering the sewer tanks. My best guess is it will be located behind the panel. The panel is a PUB to remove, but once removed, you have access to most of the plumbing components. Also, an electrical output energizes the solenoid. Be sure the check that when the switch is depressed, power is applied to the solenoid. When the fill button is pushed, you should hear a click of the solenoid.

I remember in past post where CC owners have purchased rebuild kits to refurbish these water solenoids. Let me know if you find the P/N for the rebuild kits. I tried searching for the post in the forum, but no joy.

My CC uses the CC, Country Coach Control, system to control components. I believe your coach uses a different process. Do you have a large cabinet in the first bay, 8"x2'x5' approx size, full of circuit boards. If so, you have the CCC. I am not sure what year CC used the system. Mine is 1995 and I have seen the system in a 2003. So, it was used for numerous years.

Hector

Liam
10-24-2011, 08:18 PM
The panel was my guess too. I pulled the TV over the driver seat to install a flat panel and found 2 big circuit boards and a speaker. Bummer actually, as I want to re-build the overhead to get rid of the overhangs and install a large flat panel in the center. relocating those boards will be a pain. Looks like I spend next weekend pulling the PIB panel!

dreamchasers
10-24-2011, 08:37 PM
The two circuit boards mounted in the overhead, behind the television are as follows.

1. A voice synthesizer circuit board. Alerts conditions to driver to various conditions on the bus. The speaker is connected to the voice synthesizer for audio output.

2. The auto level system. This board outputs signals to the level low system to level the coach. Also, the level sensor is located in the center of the coach, second bay back from front.

Also, a small circuit board for the GSD, Generator Shutdown Board. This small board is in the circuit for you fuel level indicator. It monitors the fuel level to shutdown the generator on low fuel.

The given locations are for my coach. Yours should be close.

Hector

Liam
11-02-2011, 12:11 PM
I pulled the wood cover panels from bays on both sides of the water fill. First, I noted no connection to the sewer flush hose fitting on the panel. There was a loose hose connected to one of the pump ports.

The electric fill valve was sadistically hidden behind the bus shell between the two bay doors. With the impending surprise snow storm I had to abandon the repair till Spring.

One question - does the water pump have a "run dry" shutoff or protection or could it have burned out when the family ran the tank dry?

JIM CHALOUPKA
11-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Hot tip. Fill in your Signature data, similar to others with coach year and conversion etc.. This information makes relying to a question more accurate and meaningful.

JIM :)

Liam
11-02-2011, 04:46 PM
I did do that online but submitted this recent via the iphone app. Do I need to enter one there?

dreamchasers
11-02-2011, 05:40 PM
I pulled the wood cover panels from bays on both sides of the water fill. First, I noted no connection to the sewer flush hose fitting on the panel. There was a loose hose connected to one of the pump ports.

The electric fill valve was sadistically hidden behind the bus shell between the two bay doors. With the impending surprise snow storm I had to abandon the repair till Spring.

One question - does the water pump have a "run dry" shutoff or protection or could it have burned out when the family ran the tank dry?

Laim,

My CC does not have this feature. It would be a nice safety feature. Their are no sensors to prohibit one from running the water pumps dry.

A few additional comments, a regulator and water filter are the only obstructions for water flow into the cabin that I am aware of. I wonder if you water hose has collapsed within. Please let us know what you find.

Hector

Liam
11-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Will do as soon as I take it out in the spring and resume the diagnosis. May have to hire someone with skinny arms to help me.

dreamchasers
11-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Liam,

Click on the link below to get the diagram of the CC hot water heating system, as promised.

http://www.texasdrifters.net/pog/CC Wabasto Schematic.pdf

Hector

Liam
11-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Thanks a ton. Really appreciate it. So do you know how the hot water loop shown with the Webasto heaters relates to the bus chassis heating system which uses the combination heat/cool exchangers located next to the Webasto ones?

dreamchasers
11-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Liam,

I sent you a private message to call me.

Hector