PDA

View Full Version : POG mini rally at Prevost Ft Worth

BoaterAl
10-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Just when I was pretty much rally out in 2011 another POG rally took place last Monday. In order to be counted your bus had to be on the lift at Ft. Worth Prevost Service.
7:15 Alan goes in with 06 XLII Marathon
7:30 Ken goes in with 04 Featherlite
8:05 Al goes in with 05 XLII Marathon
Thats like a 777 slot machine for Prevost I'm sure. Getting my pinion seal replaced and a small air leak on my engine belt system. Bill Bunch had found a very small leak on the reg/dump valve at Austin.
In the process of fixing the regulator Bubba (service mgr.) suggested installing a small one way check valve and a DOT fitting at the air supply to valve.
Hectors fittings of choice whenever the original fails and Techs choice also.
We had a great time and were pleased to meet the new branch manager Carl Boulet He was checking to be sure our service was up to our expectation. Yes, it was.
I left for KC at 12:30 and left my buddies with the slot machine still rolling.

Alan__
10-17-2011, 07:57 AM

Ken - BoaterAl - Alan__

phorner
10-17-2011, 09:24 AM
That sure is a nice collection of buses!

Sawbonz
10-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Why no Libertys?

phorner
10-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Liberty Coaches rarely need service..... they are self-healing for the most part, only requiring fresh fluids and filters from time to time...:cool:

BoaterAl
10-17-2011, 05:25 PM
LOL.....Good observation Karl, Paul

Never saw that one coming and walked right into it.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-17-2011, 07:23 PM
For a new guy Karl sure learned quick, and I suspect will be our Liberty spokesman to defend our honor from all attacks. He sure did good on this one playing straight man to Paul.

Bill Price
10-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Jon:

Does your Liberty have the self sealing fuel cell? I know you have the extra fuel cell. I can see this as an advantage in a full blown case of road rage.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-18-2011, 06:53 AM
Actually, I don't even know why I have the self sealing long range fuel cell. My Liberty is so fuel efficient I get more fuel out of the return line than I do coming from the tanks. I just have to throw the extra fuel away.

I usually give the extra fuel to the Marathon and CC owners. Poor guys.

Bill Price
10-18-2011, 07:05 AM
Jon:

With the long line of followers I could sense they were attempting to live off your waste. I think we have all observed such in life. One must realize this is a matter of choice for the CC owners. Where has there diginity gone?

Jon Wehrenberg
10-18-2011, 07:33 AM
Bill, Try not to gloat. It really gets owners of other conversions upset. A smug little smile is all it takes.

phorner
10-18-2011, 09:18 AM
I think I hear a distinct rumbling in the distance...... you guys might want to prepare for incoming any time now..:D

Jon Wehrenberg
10-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Paul, we have them on the run.

Alan__
10-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Jon, you might want on check on the whereabouts of Lady Di last evening after you went to bed at 7:30. That is one time fun loving gal! (Believe me, she is not into the Lennon Sisters music!)

BoaterAl
10-18-2011, 11:07 AM
Oh, that brings up something that was talked about in Ft Worth over early Monday coffee. With the work load comes the order of repair based on "in shop time". Out of all due respect we Alan, Ken, Al knew our visit was very short. Out of camera range were a line up of buses with a large "L" letter on the front cap. Lib....something. I had left my glasses in-side the bus.

Work would start on them and as we were told would surely overlap into the 2nd shift and probably the next day.

Bubba said the bus owners were inside calling a 24 hour prayer line.

rahangman
10-18-2011, 02:32 PM
In the past, someone would have posted.....SHOTS FIRED!

Sawbonz
10-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Oh, that brings up something that was talked about in Ft Worth over early Monday coffee. With the work load comes the order of repair based on "in shop time". Out of all due respect we Alan, Ken, Al knew our visit was very short. Out of camera range were a line up of buses with a large "L" letter on the front cap. Lib....something. I had left my glasses in-side the bus.

Work would start on them and as we were told would surely overlap into the 2nd shift and probably the next day.

Bubba said the bus owners were inside calling a 24 hour prayer line.

Dude, that is so BOGUS! But funny! ;)