PDA

View Full Version : RANGE HOOD FILTER REMOVAL PROCEDURE

JIM CHALOUPKA
10-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Looking for the proper range hood filter removal technique.

There are two filters and one has a tab that I assume assists in it's removal broken off, by others of course.

Wondering if there is a special motion such as a little in and then to the side to remove, or what?

Also looking for ideas on where to purchase new filters. Does anyone know if they are an ordinary and common filter sold in appliance stores?

Thanks, JIM :)

phorner
10-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Jim,

You should know that there is absolutely, positively, nothing ordinary or common pertaining to any aspect of a Liberty Coach...:D

JIM CHALOUPKA
10-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Come on Paul, You and Janice must be cooking in your bus. How do you get your filters out?

Gary Carmichael
10-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Sounds like a job requiring a come-along to me!

phorner
10-13-2011, 08:19 AM
Jim,

On ours, the plastic "egg crate" looking pieces that fit into the Vitricor simply push straight up and can then be slid out of the way to access the built in filters on the bottom of the convection microwave oven.

The plastic pieces can fit kind of snug and can stick a little after exposure to cooking vapors. Just be gentle and they should just pop straight up out of the way.

The real secret is to only make reservations in the galley.... :D

JIM CHALOUPKA
10-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Sounds like a job requiring a come-along to me!

You are 1/2 right Gary, a crowbar will be tried first.

JIM

JIM CHALOUPKA
10-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Jim,

On ours, the plastic "egg crate" looking pieces that fit into the Vitricor simply push straight up and can then be slid out of the way to access the built in filters on the bottom of the convection microwave oven.

The plastic pieces can fit kind of snug and can stick a little after exposure to cooking vapors. Just be gentle and they should just pop straight up out of the way.

The real secret is to only make reservations in the galley.... :D

Paul, the plastic decorative grill comes out fine. I was asking about the filter element above it.

From the lack of replies, I'm guessing no one ever changes theirs. Mine seems to be glued in place. Could be 14 years of cooking vapors :D

:cool: jim :rolleyes:

garyde
10-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Who cooks?

HarborBus
10-13-2011, 10:13 PM
OK Jim I'll take a stab at it. Assuming you have a Sharp, there are two tabs to the rear of the microwave so you can't push the filters back, you must pull them forward (that is what your broken plastic tab was for) once you have moved them forward about a quarter inch you can then pull the back of the filter down and out. Hope this helps.

JIM CHALOUPKA
10-13-2011, 11:04 PM
Elliott, what you say is true, man handled it and got those boys out and clean already.

Quite revealing, ask one simple question and find out a whole bunch.

Thanks JIM :)

phorner
10-14-2011, 08:17 AM
So Jim....

Now that you have clean filters.....what's for dinner??:cool:

JIM CHALOUPKA
10-14-2011, 08:49 AM
Well Paul, we had a tasty meal, Sauteed Bay Scallops, Rice Pilaf, Green Beans and Corn Bread.

JIM :p

phorner
10-14-2011, 09:54 AM
Man.... bay scallops... my favorite meal!!!

Sounds perfect!

Gary Carmichael
10-14-2011, 10:25 AM
Jim, Did you eat in or out how did you cook cornbread? It sounds great all you need is some pinto beans and onions with that cornbread!

JIM CHALOUPKA
10-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Jim, Did you eat in or out how did you cook cornbread? It sounds great all you need is some pinto beans and onions with that cornbread!

JIFFY CORN MUFFIN mix, add 1 egg, 1/3 C milk, blend, pour into muffin paper cups and bake @ 400f.

phorner
10-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Janice makes corn bread in our convection microwave on a regular basis.

Goes great with her chili!

Or... shrimp and cheese grits...