PDA

View Full Version : My wife and I are new members and would just like to say Hello to all.

RFTilley
10-11-2011, 08:38 PM
We purchased a 1991 Country Coach this past week and are looking forward to seeing a number of you in the near future.

Regards to all.

Bob & Deb
1991 Country Coach with 2009 Smart
"The long and the short of it"

phorner
10-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Welcome to POG!

You won't find a better source of Prevost information, some of it actually useful, anywhere else on the planet.... er cyberspace...whatever....

Alek&Lucia
10-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Welcome to POG !

We had 2 CC before our Royale, perhaps we can still help if you have any problems,

Alek

garyde
10-11-2011, 10:31 PM
Welcome to POG Bob and Deb. I' m sure you will find POG to be the best $15.00 you ever spent! Stay tuned to a load of info from our fellow owners and rally s and get togethers. They can occur at any time.
By the way, do you have a bug shield?

Sawbonz
10-11-2011, 10:31 PM
Welcome to the forum! There's some really great people on here, always willing to help. We just met a bunch at the rally in Austin, which is something you should try to donif possible.

rahangman
10-11-2011, 11:46 PM
Bob & Deb, don't let all these Liberty owners lead you to distraction! What is your conversion #. Ours was CC#60115 and if there is anyway I can help, keep in mind, I am a somewhat Newbie to all this, but will be more than happy to chime in if I can help
Welcome, if no one has told you yet, this is the best $50 you have spent....so far

Jon Wehrenberg
10-12-2011, 07:18 AM
Welcome aboard. This will be the best $15 you ever spent, although you should not expect to get good advice from this group. You will never lack for advice, the problem is it might not all be good.

As we expand our membership it is obvious we have a problem that must be addressed. With so many members we are now beginning to duplicate names. We already have a Bob and Deb, who in fact were attendees at our POG I rally. Perhaps they will consider changing their names so we don't get anyone confused.

In the meantime enjoy the forum, try to grow a thick skin, and do not be afraid to pick on Liberty owners because after a while we tend to tease CC owners. Not that a CC owner would ever consider picking on Liberty owners.

truk4u
10-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Bob & Deb 2,

Welcome aboard, you will get your money's worth, you did pay 12.99 right? Visit the site often, you don't want to miss anything.

RFTilley
10-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Hi All

Well it is clear that I was a bit hasty in signing up for this user group. I should have waited till the membership fee was on sale as many of you obviously did. I am not sure if I can get a refund at this point, but I may be able to plead my case with PayPal. BTW, when does the membership fee go on sale for $12.99? I need to put that on my calendar.

In the mean time, here is a little more about us.

We live in Alpharetta, Ga just north of Atlanta. About 5 years ago we moved here from Jacksonville, FL where we lived for 9 years. Before that we lived in Alexandria, VA for 25 years.

Married for 35 years this coming Dec. Two children (boy and girl) and two grand daughters. My daughter still lives in Jacksonville. My son lives in Wasilla AK.

We are now retired and the rest we will figure out as we go.

The 1991 Country Coach is a 40' SB "Toronto" conversion. It is Country Coach number 60128.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Best regards.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Bob and Deb 2,

You are amidst a number of POG members and in an area of the country in which impromptu mini rallies may pop up anytime. You are near Michael and Vita and Tom and Nancy and near the east TN contingent. It will help if you are as off the wall as this bunch, but if not we can teach you how to be a little twisted.

Some of us got our dues for free by writing bad checks. Stick with us. We won't lead you astray.

As what sounds like new owners you should ask questions about the Prevost and your CC on the forum. There is a lot of knowledge here. More importantly, try to get to POG rallies because they are filled with seminars and equally important fellow owners who can offer a lot of help while you learn your coach. Do not forget to take advantage of the information collected here in the form of articles or information as well as posts that cover a specific issue.

Richard Barnes
10-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Don't forget about Richard and Audrey in Dacula, GA just a mere 28 miles away from Bob and Deb. Welcome guys and we'll let you know when the specials start - Ha!

truk4u
10-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Were not far from you, Waleska, just west of Canton.

Liam
10-12-2011, 08:41 PM
I also bought a '91 last month and discovered via forum friends that I also paid 85 bucks too much ;)

Jon Wehrenberg
10-13-2011, 07:17 AM
You may have paid way too much if you didn't get the official POG jacket and baseball cap.

michaeldterry
10-13-2011, 11:49 AM
We live in Alpharetta, Ga just north of Atlanta. About 5 years ago we moved here from Jacksonville, FL where we lived for 9 years. Before that we lived in Alexandria, VA for 25 years.

Married for 35 years this coming Dec. Two children (boy and girl) and two grand daughters. My daughter still lives in Jacksonville. My son lives in Wasilla AK.

Welcome to the asylum that is POG, Bob & Deb 2! We're practically neighbors! Vita and I are in Woodstock, probably not more than 20 miles from you! And has been mentioned, there are several other POGgers in the Atlanta metro area, as well! We've got Tom & Nancy Chilcote (truk4u) in Waleska, Richard and Audrey Barnes in Dacula, Towson Engsberg somewhere in Atlanta, and I'm sure I'm missing some others!

Vita and I "camp" in the bus at Paradise Valley in Dawsonville at least once a month, so we'll have to plan on a "drive-by" soon to meet you guys and let our buses get acquainted! :p A POG mini-rally can break out at any time for any reason (or for no reason at all), so if you've got any ideas for a get together, let's hear 'em!

And don't let these guys kid you about the $12.99 membership sale! Most of us pay the standard $250 annually and consider it a bargain! To get the $12.99 rate, you have to marry into the Skiff clan and/or provide a menu of personal services to Mr. Skiff that is too long to list here! But Jon's right - develop a thick skin, give as good as you get, and keep your BS detector tuned up & you'll get along fine here! Glad to have another Atlanta area POGger join the mix!

Jon Wehrenberg
10-13-2011, 02:32 PM
OK Michael. The committee is going to have to review your membership for revealing POG secrets to Bob and Deb 2.

Next thing you know you will reveal the secret handshake and how to obtain the decoder ring.

phorner
10-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Is it still true that with a properly authenticated decoder ring you can still get the free Level I bus service at participating Prevost Service Centers?

JIM CHALOUPKA
10-13-2011, 07:09 PM
One thing about the decoder ring, when your wearing it you must be willing to talk about it with strangers :rolleyes:

lbriant
10-13-2011, 08:11 PM
Welcome aboard Bob & Deb
I am a new member also and I have taken tons of good info in hope you enjoy your new rig !!

rahangman
10-14-2011, 12:23 AM
OK, all CC owners (at least us "Aged Coach Owners"), add your conversion # to your avatar so we might all be able to share in some lost paperwork ?