PDA

View Full Version : POG X CHARITY AUCTION

GDeen
10-07-2011, 12:40 PM
The King put together a great auction. Even though we had almost 40% fewer participants than last year, we delivered $20,505 to the benefactor. For those of you who don't know, we selected the family of a local constable who died in the line of duty. He was helping people evacuate from the recent wildfires just down the road from La Hacienda. He left behind a wife and 4 children.

Thanks to everyone for the strong participation and contributions. Those who were at the luncheon yesterday where we presented the proceeds to 4 officers who worked with Cpl Aigner saw how important this component of POG is. Following is an email I received from the constable's office in follow up:

Again, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the donation to Cpl. Kevin Aigner's family. We took the deposit slip (attached) to Kevin's wife, Ronya, and she was in shock and awe. You will receive a more formal thank you by mail.

Please thank the members of your club for us.

Best Regards,

Linda Bertram

Community Relations

Office of Adan Ballesteros

Travis County Constable Precinct 2

rahangman
10-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Pretty amazing numbers and an equally amazing group of POGGERS>.......Bless you all.

michaeldterry
10-07-2011, 04:36 PM
I could not be more proud of this group! I am honored to be able to say that I am a member of POG!

Gary & Peggy Stevens
10-08-2011, 08:47 AM
In the many, many pictures I took during the rally are some pictures of the police officers in attendance for the luncheon and presentation of the check for the officers family.

GDeen
02-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Follow up: below are PDF's of a couple of notes I received in the mail today from Mr. Aigner's widow. I suspect she had a hard time writing this until now. Once again, outstanding effort by the group that clearly made an impact in the life of a family at a difficult time.

Coloradobus
02-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Very nice.

Seabyrd
02-10-2012, 11:42 PM
Our prayers are still going out for all the families that suffered, such a priviledge to help in their time of need!!

Sawbonz
02-11-2012, 10:55 AM
wow

Pete
02-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Makes you feel good to see/participate in helping those that really need help in times such as this family suffered, and I am sure continue to suffer, loosing a loved one. I remember how thrilled everyone was that we raised over $20,000.00 at the auction and all the funds went to this family.
I would like to again congratulate the group who found (especially the Deens) and selected this family to benefit from our auction. That is what POG is about!

rfoster
02-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Gordon:

Thanks for posting the cards. Talk about making you thankful for POG friends and family, that will do it!

Seabyrd
02-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Yes Pete, it sure is what it's all about and You, EJ, Tuga and Karen all played a VERY important part in the auction, that was a lot of work for you all and you all did a fantastic job, along with the Deens , Jerry & Mango Mike, may be forgetting someone here too but many thanks to all.
That's what makes POG so great !!
Cheers, Diane

Makes you feel good to see/participate in helping those that really need help in times such as this family suffered, and I am sure continue to suffer, loosing a loved one. I remember how thrilled everyone was that we raised over $20,000.00 at the auction and all the funds went to this family.
I would like to again congratulate the group who found (especially the Deens) and selected this family to benefit from our auction. That is what POG is about!