PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Side and Back up cameras ?????????

lbriant
10-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Anyone have any good info on cameras,:confused:
I have a Back up camera on my coach but I am going to a stacker trailer and need a camera installed on it, I was also thinking of side cameras ? I thought I would just leave the regular back up camera and screen alone and ad new for the other cameras,
I really am not sure about the side mount cameras I don't want to jeopardise my paint job? and I am not sure where they would mount? Maybe they have Mirror mounts?
Where is a good place to look at or purchase this kit?
Anyway anyone with any info Fire Away !!!
:cool:
Thanks for any info !!!!!!!!!

johnbrowder
10-06-2011, 02:48 PM
I recently installed a Total Vision rear view camera purchased through Coachworx and self installed. I could not be happier. It is magnitudes better than the camera that came originally on my '03. I did have to pull new wires to the back, but it was worth it. Camera is bright and clear, it has servos and automatic settings for "Rear View" and Hitch View", and can be aimed any direction from control pad on dash. In hitch view you can see your entire rear bumper. In rear view it is like having a rear view mirror in your car.

No side cameras here. The mirrors are great as far as I am concerned.

Seabyrd
10-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Our Navigator had cameras mounted on the bottom of each side mirror.. they were chrome and looked really nice.

Anyone have any good info on cameras,:confused:
I have a Back up camera on my coach but I am going to a stacker trailer and need a camera installed on it, I was also thinking of side cameras ? I thought I would just leave the regular back up camera and screen alone and ad new for the other cameras,
I really am not sure about the side mount cameras I don't want to jeopardise my paint job? and I am not sure where they would mount? Maybe they have Mirror mounts?
Where is a good place to look at or purchase this kit?
Anyway anyone with any info Fire Away !!!
:cool:
Thanks for any info !!!!!!!!!

jack14r
10-07-2011, 07:28 AM
Total Vision will sell you direct and they have side cameras and controllers to scroll through the different cameras that have been installed,they are not cheap but the quality is excellent.

lbriant
10-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Thanks guys !!
Lots of good info to process,
I also was wondering about the back up cameras with night vision? they have like a ring of infered lights around the camera? do they work well at night?
Thanks to everyone !!!

Charles Spera
10-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Larry,
My coach has a SONY camera and monitor fitted. Our stacker trailer had a mangled off-brand camera on it so it needed replacement. I contacted Tim at RVcams http://www.rvcams.com hoping that he could match my Sony camera. He went way better, supplied me with a compatible replacement and suppled all of the cabling, plugs and gender changers needed. I am satisfied with the service and price.

lbriant
10-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Thanks Charles,
I also have a sony in our coach,,Works great, just need to install one on the stacker,
and at 76ft long I wouldnt mind some side cameras although I can do without them
Thanks for the info !!!
Line up the Wagons boys were headed south for AZ