PDA

View Full Version : Mach 5 Pump cycles continuously

Zmax73
09-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Greetings & help needed on this 2001 H345. Read a lot of archives but no solution. Mine cycles when turned on , toilet won`t flush, just starts water trickling in above normal water level. Purged the system for air, but still cycles. Have good shore water pressure at all locations even w/o pump running. Any ideas to get this toilet flushing & pump stopped?

Alek&Lucia
09-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Hello Zmax73

Do you have water in fresh water tank ?
Is the valve open on the supply line before your Headhunter ?

Alek

Zmax73
09-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Do have fresh water & valve is open. Tried to purge the line agn , but pump still cycles

Alek&Lucia
09-29-2011, 01:24 PM
Is the pump pushing any water at all ?

Zmax73
09-29-2011, 02:24 PM
I`ve got plenty of H20 at all locations & good pressure with pump on or off, but I`m not sure how to tell if the pumps pushing it .

Alek&Lucia
09-29-2011, 03:34 PM
???
How about if you disconnect your shore/city water supply/hose, and see what your Headhunter will do.

Zmax73
09-29-2011, 03:42 PM
It cycles the same. Headhunter thinks it`s the pressure switch or accumulator tank that`s faulty. I`ll ck those tonite.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-29-2011, 04:02 PM
I presume the Headhunter uses anb internal accumulator tank and the pressure switch reads pressure at the outflow line. My bet is the accumulator tank is water logged, so unless there is a way to apply air pressure to it you need a new accumulator. If you have the room use an external one on the outlet side of the pump, the bigger the better. It will smooth out your water flow, your pump will run less (but longer when it does run) and it is likely going to be waaaaay cheaper than replacing the pump or the accumulator in the pump. Just tee off of the line coming from the pump, the closer the better, but not an absolute necessity if you have a good spot for an accumulator tank elsewhere. Home Depot or Lowes or on line are good sources. They are cheap.

Ledo
09-29-2011, 09:04 PM
A friend of mine had the same problem. He was convinced he had a pump problem. I unscrewed his screw on filters to check for water flow there. Waa Laa. Clogged filters. This was on a 07 H Liberty. He now has pressure he hasn't seen in awhile. Lucky simple fix.

joelselman
09-30-2011, 09:54 AM
If you have 60 psi, your toilet should flush. What is "good" water pressure, obviously with shore off? Could be multiple problems, but I'd start there. I've also run into pressure gauges that are stuck; bleed down to 0 to check.

Zmax73
09-30-2011, 12:11 PM
FINALLY GOT IT! First determined no water going to pump by viewing inline glass strainer which lead to no H20 in tank which I was wrong abt. After filling fresh H20 tank, turned pump on & dead silence until toilet was flushed, pump started & stopped as normal !! Just like the result of 99.9% of airplane crashes- human error ! On a similar note a day earlier the toilet stopped flushing. Determined that to be a full black tank even though the new gold plated headhunter tank sensor was just installed & supposedly calibrated indicated 30% full!! Wkend work never ceases. Thanks guys for your input. Hope this helps someone else.