PDA

View Full Version : Official Seal Generator

MangoMike
11-20-2006, 09:22 PM
I can see a few guys having fun with this:

http://www.says-it.com/seal/index.php

Note: You have to choose the small 250 x 250 size to get POG to accept the image.

Lew's last name is spelled Poppleton ;)

lewpopp
11-20-2006, 09:49 PM
Mango

As long as you are using my name at will, I have a question about polishing wheels. I went to the Eastwood Co and they only list about 3 metal polishing wheels. I have seen the vented one being used somewhere but I seem to remember that someone said to use a string buffing wheel on the stainless. Clarify that, please, and no badges please. The one I fool the cops with is enough.

Lew

truk4u
11-21-2006, 06:59 AM
Lew,
Harry and Dale are your polishing experts, Mango is a rookie!;)

MangoMike
11-21-2006, 09:06 AM
Lew,
If Dale or Harry don't respond, I'll be down at the bus today where I have all my polishing paraphenalia. I'll be glad to get you the type of pads and rouge I'm using. I have a full box of goodies.

Mike

dalej
11-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Lew, Harry has been tanning and polishing his salute!:D I just use polishing pads and cotton on the wheels, no power buffers.......yet:) If you learn somthing, share it with photos.

PS....Mike are you having naughty dessert at the table? I bet you said "I Love you" didn't you!

JIM CHALOUPKA
11-21-2006, 05:00 PM
This may be the first dumb question. What does Lew's name buffing and a seal generator have to do with each other??:confused: Or shouldn"t I ask?

dalej
11-21-2006, 07:08 PM
Jim I think when Lew wakes up from a deep sleep he looks at the forum and the first page that loads he ask a question. After a few days he will go back to sleep and that will be that. Just accept him.;)

JIM CHALOUPKA
11-21-2006, 08:33 PM
I do accept him. I regard him as a best friend.:)

lewpopp
11-21-2006, 10:22 PM
I just happened to defend myself and then I asked Mango a question about the polishing wheel, that's the reason I busted in. Sorry.

Mango...I am not looking for handouts.. Just the kind of polishing wheel I need. I have been using a cotton one but I thought there was a better one.

I have found on the right rear panel with the vents in it gets a trace of a brownsih lace that won't come off with any other polish. I used the plastic rouge with the wheel and it removed it nicely. I know the plastic rouge is not a harsh as some of the others so I felt safe using it.

lewpopp
11-21-2006, 10:25 PM
Jom, bye the way, this particular area is for general chit-chat. You should be up in greasy Jeans and knuckles and dirty fingernails, I think. Just bustin' ball back.

Lew

truk4u
11-22-2006, 08:06 AM
Hey Lewie.. Who the hell is Jom?:D

JIM CHALOUPKA
11-22-2006, 02:29 PM
Sorry folks.
I said I would have the first spupid question. I was just trying to make sense out of the posts. It seemed like I wasn't able to read a complete dialog to interact with.

On your wheel polishing there are a few products put out by Alcoa for keeping the wheels in good condition. Maybe you have already decided that your way is best. www.alcoawheel.com (http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/forum/) Work your way through the site to find where to buy in your area. Spray-Gel Cleaner P/N 199709. Polishes P/Ns 199730, 199754, 199716. Spray-On Sealant P/N 199723. They also sell all of the accesory components. ie, lug nuts, hub covers, air gages, air chucks, valve stems, and caps and a gromet type brace for long inner stems. ( the long stems have been discussed and declared to be tabu in this forum ) are these possibly acceptable or are these the ones that are not recommended? creep,creep, creep goes the thread.:D

MangoMike
11-22-2006, 07:00 PM

Mango Mike

lewpopp
11-22-2006, 10:20 PM
JOM, oh excuse me, I mean Jim. I am polishing the stainless side panel in the right rear, not the Alcoas.

Lew