PDA

View Full Version : Locked out!

Richard Barnes
09-14-2011, 11:20 AM
I left the coach this morning and locked the door's dead bolt. Upon return, I unlocked the door (deadbolt) but the handle would not open the door. I can look through the driver's window and the door's air lock has engaged. How that happened I don't know; I'm the only one on board and have no pets that could have engaged it. Is there any thing I can do to disengage the air lock, I.e. drain the air line or the tank? Will that even work?

Jon Wehrenberg
09-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Bleed the air from the coach and it should retract.

You can bleed aux air easiest in the steer compartment either at the schrader valve or the bleeder port on the bottom of the regulator water trap.

Coloradobus
09-14-2011, 12:44 PM
Richard, a similar thing happen with our coach after I started it and it was airing up. A quick call to Jon, bled the air and presto the lock retracted. Later I discovered while cleaning afterour last trip, I either hit the door air lock button or knocked it with the vaccuum. I also noted that cutting the chassis power/battery switches in back did the same thing. Good luck

Richard Barnes
09-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Bleed the air from the coach and it should retract.

You can bleed aux air easiest in the steer compartment either at the schrader valve or the bleeder port on the bottom of the regulator water trap.

Problem solved Jon, thanks for your help. I bleed the line and it retracted partially (enough for the handle to engage) and when back on board the switch was turned off and fully retracted. Now the mystery of discovering how the switch got thrown in the first place. Thanks again to you and Jim for your quick response and help.

rfoster
09-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Richard:

Glad to hear you are back inside the bus - that's a definite plus.

The first real test this year of how Orange that blood is will be this weekend in Gainesville. Let us hope that the key players won't wind up in jail.:cool:

Richard Barnes
09-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Richard:

Glad to hear you are back inside the bus - that's a definite plus.

The first real test this year of how Orange that blood is will be this weekend in Gainesville. Let us hope that the key players won't wind up in jail.:cool:

I'm nervous about this weekend! We may both lose some to jail time if the reports are accurate!